My wife :)

niforpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2543212000_287be82529.jpg

2543211158_615699139f.jpg

I like them. They have good composition as far as I'm concerned. The only complaint I have is the white balance. I think its a bit off, cause your wife (lucky guy) looks a little cold. Usually this means the photo has a very slight blueish tint, but I could be wrong (I have been before, and I will be again). Also, if you want to you could always smooth out her face on photoshop. She has a wonderful complexion, but I've found that a little bit of smoothing usually doesn't hurt. But its totally optional, too, and its a great shot with or without it. Also, with #1, the rule /tip says you should have your subject face the center of the photo, but I don't think its a problem with this shot. I'm not feeling like she's uninterested or anything (which I do with some photos of people pointed off-photo)

If you wanna get really technical, I might crop out how her hand just BARELY comes back in to the photo in the second one. It looks like you did a good job of this overall, but a really watchful eye might get distracted (someone with photo ADD, lol).

Thank you very much for you comment :) I think I agree about the white balance, mostly in the 2nd photo. The skin has a different tone than the 1st photo.

As far as photoshop goes, I really try to stay away from it as much as I can, and leave my photos as original as possible. I mean, the only few things that I do is I crop the photo, and adjust the levels. I haven't really played around with white balance yet, mainly because I probably never noticed the things that you pointed out :)

And you're right, I missed that little part where her hand is in the photo.

Thanks again! :)

PS. I'm not really good with people photography tho. I usually do macro and outdoor. This was actually part of hike we went on so these photos weren't really planned out that well hehe

you prolly dont take your speedlite hiking (I wouldnt!) but I think they could both use some fill flash.

You're right I don't. Don't wanna risk it hehe But don't you think the 2nd photo has enough lighting? 1st one I agree. Maybe some fill flash would help. I could've used the built in flash but didn't think of it at the moment. It was quite busy on the suspension bridge that we were on. But I think the 2nd photo has just enough lighting, no?

These look like snashops from a family day out. They are not bad nor are they good. They are good for the family album but in no way look like advanced photography- why?
Her face is dark and the pose just looks like you point and shot with no real thought behind it.

2nd looks like a myspace pic.

Neither have been post processed and lack color, saturation, contrast and highlights, sharpening etc.

i love the second one. very nice.

your wife is beautiful as well. well done! haha

No,2 needs more light too. Generally your subject should be lighter then the background, unless you are doing some sort of silhouette. They are lovely family photos and your wife is cute, I think these show her personality, or I guess so. But I think not a portrait so to speak. However you live in a beautiful area (I grew up a town called port Townsend in Washington) and you have a beautiful photogenic wife so you have lots and lots of ability to go out and practice. I think you will be really impressed with that a fill flash will do.

No,2 needs more light too. Generally your subject should be lighter then the background, unless you are doing some sort of silhouette. They are lovely family photos and your wife is cute, I think these show her personality, or I guess so. But I think not a portrait so to speak. However you live in a beautiful area (I grew up a town called port Townsend in Washington) and you have a beautiful photogenic wife so you have lots and lots of ability to go out and practice. I think you will be really impressed with that a fill flash will do.

Thank you :)

These look like snashops from a family day out. They are not bad nor are they good. They are good for the family album but in no way look like advanced photography- why?
Her face is dark and the pose just looks like you point and shot with no real thought behind it.

2nd looks like a myspace pic.

Neither have been post processed and lack color, saturation, contrast and highlights, sharpening etc.

Ouch... harsh comments...

Anyway, like I said above, this was just a hiking trip, so these shots weren't planned at all. We just happened to be in a nice area so I figured I'd take some pics of my wife since I never get a chance to get out much due to our different schedules. Also, people photography is not my thing either...

Also I tend to stay away from doing much with my photos in photoshop other than basic level adjustment and cropping. Anyone who's good with computers can take a lame photo and turn it into something amazing. To me, that's not real photography.

Thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Back