Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of the shots I took at the Botanical Garden in Montreal

#1 $130418_2955-copy.jpg
#2$130418_3113-copy.jpg
#3$130418_3144-copy.jpg
#4$130418_3158-copy.jpg
#5$130418_3169-copy.jpg

Excellent, up close on plants is a subject I really like. 3. is particularly good.
2. could perhaps benefit from a little cropped off the top. I'm not sure what's caused it but there's some odd fringing on the top of the leaf in 5. that bugs me.

Thanks Benco, I agree with the crop, for the fringing, It is a poor use of clone stamp as the edge of the leaf was damaged.
I guess I still have to refine my photoshop technique!

I agree with the 2 comments above. 2 and 3 are my favorites and some cropping of 2 may be helpful. Perhaps a square crop?

Nice shots.

#5 might be borderline "NSFW", LOL! Kidding, of course, but it does seem kind of 'sexual' to me. Maybe I'm just a pervert.

I really like #1 - and I don't mean for this to take away from it or anything, but I think it would be a really cool desktop background.

#5 might be borderline "NSFW", LOL! Kidding, of course, but it does seem kind of 'sexual' to me. Maybe I'm just a pervert.

Cool, just watch out for them ol' stinging nettles....

I really like #1 - and I don't mean for this to take away from it or anything, but I think it would be a really cool desktop background.

Sexual? yeah! Of course, it is the essence of life!

thanks, I never thought of it as a desktop background, why not!

I thought about cropping it like you did, but for some reason, that little bit of negative space in the upper left didn't sit well with me. So I brought the crop down lower to the top of the upper center cactus, but still it didn't look right to me. After quite a few "Crop / Undo" attempts, the final one you see above is what sat well with me, plus it draws the eye to the center smaller group of cacti. Even though I had to trim a few cacti with the crop, there is no negative space and the image is full and the lines of the cacti flow well with the eye. At least so I think :)

Nice. I like #3 - narrow DOF macro is something and I'd be tempted to make that one almost square by cropping on the left so the focal point is near the left side and the image "fades away" to the right.

Nice. I like #3 - narrow DOF macro is something and I'd be tempted to make that one almost square by cropping on the left so the focal point is near the left side and the image "fades away" to the right.

like that?$130418_3144-copy.jpg

Yes I like it, thanks for the suggestion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back