Nav Canada Technical Institute

Lowa2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, Im currently staying there, and it's a marvelous building. The architechture is amazing.

DSCF4751.jpg

DSCF4744.jpg

DSCF4740.jpg

DSCF4739.jpg

DSCF4736.jpg

DSCF4734.jpg

DSCF4733.jpg

8. Just for laughs:

DSCF4712.jpg

Comments welcome

Hey, the third picture is great. After staring at it, I feel a wee bit queasy, but man is it a great shot.

Photos 3 and 5!!!
Yes, I sure like those best.
If only 3 were totally symmetric!
That would give even more on an impression of a toy-caleidoscope, you know what I mean?
And 5 would need to be rotated by 1 degree CW... good choice of aperture. How much?

i used f/8 @ approx 10 seconds for most of these shots. This was mostly an experimental walkaround to figure out different effects that different camera settings achieve.

One thing i realised is that with a smaller appeture, the lights have a softer feel than with a large appeture.

This picture was taken at f/8 at 10 seconds and look at the lights. I set my exposure time for mid-range on my light meter.

DSCF4733.jpg

This picture was taken at f/3.2 for 1/2 second, again setting my light meter for mid-range. And the lights have no flairs on them.

DSCF4730.jpg

This is how Im learning what different settings do on the camera. Was kinda fun :) Thanks for the comments guys.

Ooo, I didn't know that about the aperture-light relationship...though I guess it makes sense. You learn something new everyday!

Where's the facility at, btw? Halifax?

Pic 2 seriously made me dizzy. Other than that one, I like them!

Ooo, I didn't know that about the aperture-light relationship...though I guess it makes sense. You learn something new everyday!

Where's the facility at, btw? Halifax?

lol, I wish!!! I live in Moncton. The facility in in Cornwall Ontario population like 45k.

I never knew that about the lights either, its pretty kool what you can learn about photography just by experimenting

Cheers

Edit : how do you like your s5200? I have the same camera :)

Hehe I like it. It does the trick, and for a camera in its price range, it's pretty much the best without delving into full-out DSLR's. I love it. Wish it had a larger aperture range though...

i like the first one. i like the partial lighting, and his expression and posture makes you think a little.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back