What's new

NC Mtns. C&C please

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
553
Reaction score
7
Location
Wilmington, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5094782148_d33d641fe4_b.jpg


5094187389_6c35bef358_b.jpg
 
Second shot is really nice! Wow, it's beautiful there!
 
nice shots though the size/crop is a bit odd? Can you post the originals to show what/why you cropped them?
 
Very Amazing pic beautiful area the colors are so pretty LOVE the 2nd one:)
 
#2 is fantastic! I for one didnt know NC had such a great view. Great Shot, love the road.
 
Well done, I like both of these images. As Yellow Wagon mentioned, the crops are unusual, but I think that's great. You let the image speak to you, telling you how it wanted to be cropped rather than trying to force to a standard and either losing something good or adding area which may detract from the effect. I particularly like the use of color in #2, catching both the foliage in the near field and the blues of the far field, and I like how the sweep of the road breaks up the foliage so it doesn't get to be too much. The only (little) critique I have is that the cars in #2 aren't working for me. I'd like to see this view with no cars on the road (is it practical for you to remove them in post?) or possibly with a particularly cool car in the foreground where it can be something of a focal point.
 
Well done, I like both of these images. As Yellow Wagon mentioned, the crops are unusual, but I think that's great. You let the image speak to you, telling you how it wanted to be cropped rather than trying to force to a standard and either losing something good or adding area which may detract from the effect. I particularly like the use of color in #2, catching both the foliage in the near field and the blues of the far field, and I like how the sweep of the road breaks up the foliage so it doesn't get to be too much. The only (little) critique I have is that the cars in #2 aren't working for me. I'd like to see this view with no cars on the road (is it practical for you to remove them in post?) or possibly with a particularly cool car in the foreground where it can be something of a focal point.

thanks. the crops just worked for me, every other orientation/common crop size did not.

the cars, yes i know :confused: but this was apparently one of the busiest, if not the busiest week of the year up there. all the hotels/campgrounds were booked and the parkway was PACKED. i couldnt get a shot without any cars, i sat there for several minutes until a flat out line of 10-15 cars were stopped... so i said the hell with it and gave up on that hope. :lol::(
 
# 2 shot......Wow!!! Colors are so vibrant.......Good Job.....
 
#2 looks over saturated and #1 the color is off
 
i'll comment on the first one.. panorama is great, i hate the normal 8z10 restriction we still keep in our heads, so good job there. too bad you couldn't show as much color in the first one that you had in the second, but try some selective color saturation and you might see some more of the colors come out... probbaly have to tone down the green a bit after that though. i'd try to darken the mountains a bit too, they look dull

love the colors in the 2nd, don't like the road, damn government building roads in our good photography areas.. ha ha

Mike Leggero
http://www.michaelleggero.com
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom