Nedd Help fast

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm upgrading my camera.

I currently have a rebel xt and am considering a canon 30d.

HERE IS MY QUESTION:

Is the 30d better then the rebel xt, does it have a bigger sensor or something?

Does it take better images?

I often print from the rebel xt at very large sizes like 20x30 and they are crisp and sharp. Will i get the same or better from the 30d ?

It is nicer feeling (bigger), faster - frames per second - 5 instead of 3 (but you have a choice), spot metering. Little things. If you have the money, I would buy it. As I want one, but i'll wait for the 40D to launch and pick up a marked down 30D.

For what reasons do you want to upgrade? There isn't much you can do with a 30D that you can't do with an XT.

The sensors are practically identical...so the image quality will also be almost identical. The differences are in the body and it's features. It's (the 30D)bigger, stronger & better laid out. Spot metering, large screen, faster shooting rate etc.

In my opinion, it's currently not worth the upgrade. Unless there is something specific that your XT won't do and the 30D will do (that you need). The 30D is probably next on the list for replacement (maybe a 40D?) so getting a 30D might leave you behind the curve sooner than you would like.

If you really feel the need for some new gear...I'd recommend a lens instead or maybe a flash unit etc.

thanks, I appreciate it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back