Need Critique on Photos

Sleepy_Sentry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Below are some photos I have taken over the past several months with my digital camera. I have discovered I really like photography, and want to do whatever I can to improve my photos.

Does anyone have any tips for making my photos better? Which, in your opinion, are the best?

2114525822_b3d78f74e0.jpg

This is one of my personal favorites.

2114535362_d072d5718f.jpg

I took this sunset picture quite a long time ago.
2113753691_27063e6702.jpg

This is the same sunset as above, but taken from further away.

2114531260_0af686278f.jpg

I used the selective colors adjust colors adjustment feature in Photoshop CS2 to make the greens stand out a little more.

2114540916_a9e358770c.jpg

A spooky alley.

It is probably just a browser issue (tends to darken), but I thought this first one could enjoy a selective levels adjustment. What do you think?
Sleepy_Sentry_Select-Levels.jpg

The second shot has fantastic layering of cloud sets and atmosphere, but the roof and vents kinda spoil the shot for me.

Keep on shooting!

-Shea :)

Although sunset/sunray pics look good, I think all those types of pictures have become cliche, but what I've done to a couple I took to make them look different and stand out a bit more was turn up the contrast a lot in photoshop, I just think it looks cool. ;)

The leaves just looks like a snapshot of a bush to tell you the truth, try taking it from a different angle, for example heres one I took a really really long time ago, just to show you what I mean by different angles:
DSC_1063b.jpg

I think the last one could be better if it had more of a subject in it, like if there was a person in the picture.

#1 is very interesting and ls3d's edit helps bring out some of the shadow detail in the grass. however the clouds seem really noisy, was this shot at a high ISO?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back