Need gallery and ordering advice

jeljohns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've looked over ordering systems until my brain hurts and I still don't know what option to go with! Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

I need to offer an online gallery, I would like something where clients could order and pay online. Here is the glitch: I would prefer NOT to use Paypal. Because of all the reserves Paypal is now holding. I am also trying to keep fees very low at this point because my business is currently part time. I would like something where customers could pay by credit card if they wish. At this point I would prefer to do my own fulfillment and use the lab of my choosing (mpix).

Any suggestions?

I personally use Smugmug, and I (and my clients) love it.

I can set my own prices, the cost to me is smugmug takes 15% off the profits after cost. That's worth it to me not having to buy expensive printers, or have to buy costly inks, and having to pay to ship things. You choose which of the two pro labs you want to develop your pics, and they handle everything after the sale is made. You just collect the money.

You can also create coupons for your clients, and password protect their galleries so no one else can see them.

I can't speak highly enough about Smugmug..theyve been great.

But does SmugMug give you the option to fulfill orders yourself? Do they pay you through Paypal?

After seeing the quality of the prints that come out of the lab I use, I don't know WHY anyone would want to fulfill the orders themselves...PRO quality, and no need for costly equipment, and upkeep. But that's you're perspective and I respect that.

They mail you a check, but if you have a bank account they can direct deposit your money to you. Payments are issued once a month.

This is where I get frustrated. I can't seem to a site that does everything I'm looking for. I like that Smugmug doesn't use Paypal, but I don't like the selection of products from their lab. I currently use and like Mpix and want to stick with that. Are there any online proofing galleries that do not include ordering?

Are there any online proofing galleries that do not include ordering?
I'm not sure what you mean.↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Zenfolio has a B2B relationship with Mpix and you can set it up any number of ways.

Proofing online limits sales totals dramatically, so if there is any way you can avoid it and proof in person.........

Most reactions

Back