[Need Help] Eye Shot

wellhellothere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well hello there,

where do i begin?
I want to apply for Guinness World Record with "Brightest Eye Color of an Adult" and in my application i need to specify how this record should be measured. Which is why i came here, to find the technically best way to measure and compare the eye color.

1. Problem:
How to standardise the Picture?

I'm not into Photography, so is it possible to make a fix parameter with brightness and the "kind" of Light?

2. Problem:
How to account for the eye lense? If i look in the Mirror with only a fix single Lightsource, i always see the outer part of my retina in a shadow, because the lense breaks the light towards the inner part. Otherwise my retina has no real contrasts, how can i get to see that in a picture? I ask myself if scattered light or the camera angle make a difference

3. Problem:
How to analyse the picture? open the Picture in Photoshop, mark only the retina and magicaly get a color? (which would result in an html-color like 0512A2)
Or somehow try to get an exact Number on the Martin ?( of which i have no idea how to do it)

Question: Is there any other way? I mean, i'm not yet sure, wheather a iris scanner could solve my problems (if anyone knows where to get one..., well, the Problems would still exist Iris recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

so here is just a random shot with my Eyes: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I hope, i can get some good answers and i want to apologize for my poor english, as im german...

edit: And using the search tool, i didnt found another Thread, that could answer my questions

How bright an eye looks, will depend on how much light is reflecting off of (out of) it. So the more light you put in, the brighter it will look. So that is one variable.
Another variable, if you're photographing the eye, is the exposure used to create the photo. A brighter exposure will result in brighter looking eyes.

To really quantify how bright something is, you are really talking about how reflective it is. A brighter subject/object will reflect more light than a 'darker' subject.

So to prove that your eyes are brighter than someone else, you would have to standardize the lighting. The reflected light could then be read with a light meter.

Big Mike is right, a Light meter, and absolute dark room with standard precise lightsource and done in person (Or I think Guiness accepts certain officials to sign that certain requirements are met for submitted records) would be the only way. Any picture could be modified so measuring off it would be pointless.

click is correct. You need to approach this like the technical challenge it is. You need a calibrated and precise light source (which would be the same as the last light source used if your trying to top a previous record). You need a room with low reflectivity (aka black). And you need a way to precisely measure luminence reflected from the eye. Unless it is a calibrated and certified camera with locked down files to prevent editing that most likely wont work. You also need to define brightness since its color dependant (aka green can be seen as brighter vs blue to the human eye).

I would be curious to know what you come up with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back