Need help w/ art assignment

:waiting:

... can't we just let this whole thing go already. I mean before we end up with another locked thread?

I would kind of like to the OP to be able to come back and post a follow up with the piece they end up submitting...

You've mentioned you were comfortable with abstract so I'll try and chime in on the other two.

For the representational shot I would recommend looking for something extremely localized. Maybe a popular bridge found in your town, or maybe a local sports team arena/stadium. You can even look at shooting a person or friend that depicts the extreme of a certain personality? I.E hipster, hippie, thug, all american etc...

For the non-representational is a little bit more difficult. It can easily be abstract as well. Maybe a sunset with vivid colors, or clouds? Just something that doesn't capture a particular person or place but more of a feeling I guess... Anyways I hope this helps. Good luck, and remember to update the thread when you decide on the final shots.

From another thread by the OP
i've done my share of researching, believe you me, but still so undecided, so i will let YOU decide. .... let me know what you'd like me to buy
The OP seems to have a pattern of wanting others to make decisions for them. This may not necessarily be intentional, but as mentioned earlier, how one lays out the problem unfortunately can (and did) affect responses. So because someone has explained to the OP the issues with the initial request to the point that the OP now "completely understands what we mean", and that when the question was asked they "really didn't think twice, or think it was wrong." I'll accept their apology and their acknowledgment that we "definitely have a point."

I too would like the OP to share with us their solution to the challenge.

Is it time to put the kindling around the stake or what? Make up your minds, people!

These kinds of threads are becoming uncomfortably frequent and I'm not here to argue and fight and I really don't enjoy being being called names, even indirectly.

I'm just going to post pictures and respond to posted pictures; the rest of the world's problems can solve themselves without me.

You didn't do what you are accusing us of not doing, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

What is also interesting is that you don't think that helping someone to get a better grade by doing part of the assignment isn't helping her to cheat.

I didn't consider that kind of help to be part of the assignment. And I can't argue against my being a hypocrite. I got too caught in expressing views, not following them, I guess.

all righty peoples.
I will make one more appeal to your sense of moral goodness and ask that no more personal statements or attacks be made here. if you do not have a useful answer to the OP's question then please refrain from posting.
If not, infractions will start being handed out, leading to temporary bans for any and all guilty parties.
way too many threads have had to be locked lately.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back