need help with editing/enhancing photo

AndyH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need help with a pic I took of my son today. It was his first day of preschool! I snapped a pic before he got in the car. It was bright outside and he wouldn't hold still long. I have photoshop elements 6 and I was wondering what coul I do to it to enhance it. Any help or if anybody wants to edit it to show me how I can improve it, that would be great!

002.JPG

Thanks,
Andy

I'm sure other people will jump on the chance to edit a high res photo, but here's my humble attempt. I'm not sure how I feel about it..

Main thing was going vertical or portrait orientation crop and making the aspect ratio for an 8x10. Tried to blur the background a tiny bit as well, and messed with some colors & lost the sign in the back.

*snip*
EDIT:

Here's another - slightly cleaner looking. Decided the blur I did looked like crap in the foreground and extremely unnatural..

CS30S.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an edit:

I reworked the background, so the curb and grass weren't intersecting on his head, as well as taking out the tree growing from it.

Adjusted colors a bit - but stayed bright to go with your guy.

Cropped (unfortunately, his feet were already cut off), and removed the sign and a string from his shirt.

Hope he had a great first day, my boys start next week.

4946416170_b0a0608a9f_b.jpg

Peace
Ed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back