need help with my English

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got some documents, work related, to translate in English and send them further.

The real trouble is that the lady who wrote those doesn't write nice and concise sentences. She puts a lot in just one sentence and use unnecessary words an terminology . I :roll: and get :confused: whenever I read something that she wrote. I used to deal with her more in the past, that's not the case these days and I thank God for that.

Anyway... I've read a lot of what she wrote in this document and I have headache. The problem is not the theme (that's a part of my job) it's her. I tried to translate some parts but I'm aware that it's full of grammar mistakes because I'm not able to fully simplify her sentences. ... can you please help with the grammar issues, telling me where I did wrong!

"...For the project of the reconstruction and building sewerage network for the central part of „the city”, which we nominated, the Water discharge consent is provided by a competent body of public institution „State's Waters“. The project is a separate type.
In accordance with the goal of resolving mentioned issues, our Municipality defined the need for sewage collectors installation. That need is noted in our strategic document for development.
Strategic goal number 4 - To create and insure ecologically healthy and infrastructural built environment based on European standards
Operative goal 4.4 - Significantly improved water, sewerage and reconstructed heating network in our Municipality, until the year 2015.
Taking the strategic goal into a consideration, one of the priority projects that Municipality needs to implement in 2013-2015 period of time, is the project of construction and reconstruction of priority parts of sewerage network and installing collectors.

....In order to improve the water supply system, so far Municipality has carried out the following: cleaning and rinsing trap and reservoir, reservoir reconstruction, replacement of old pipes, installation of chlorinators, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water.
In the area of ​​the narrower part of the city it is necessary to replace the ACC pipes in a length of 4,000 m with the PE 100-350 pipes. In populated place „X“ it’s necessary to replace ACC 200 pipes with the PE 200 pipes in a length of 8,700 m. In “Y“ water supply system it is necessary to replace LZ pipes with the PE 80 pipes, in length of 7000 m, and also ACC 100 pipes with the PE 100 pipes, in the length of 3,000 m. In “Y“ water supply system it’s necessary to replace the ACC 80 pipes with the PE 80 pipes in the length of 8,500 m...."

thank you thank you

More then 70 views and no replies... I'm asking too much probably... I know that this is not fun... and probably is painful to read this mess...

I got just one proposition on PM! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello there,
You'll find it on your private messages ! Hope it is according to your needs

Oh Pav,
I've read it and I replied to you ;) Haven't you seen?

What language is this being translated from, knowing that can be helpful in understanding the context.

an Southeast European language...

maybe to mention that this project is applied for an European Investment Bank program.

Lol that sounds like every construction proposal I've ever read.

I'll copy what I've just wrote someone.... maybe it will help you understand more...

The main issues here, in my translation, are pretty basic. It's not about the subject itself - sewerage and water supply system, it's about writing a meaningful sentence from what I read in my own language and didn't understand well. I understand the subject, I work on project proposals, but that didn't help me at all, trust me! I'm helpless when it comes to her sentences in any documents and papers. She mentions strategic documents and goals and everything else in a very unclear manner and use words that are really completely unnecessary in order to write as more as she possible can. (she speaks like that also)

Those few sentences are a part of the project proposal. They highlighted me some sentences for translation and that's it.

The first sentence is a nightmare to look at. I spent the most time on it and I just can't come up with something ok.

Last edited:
Does that mean that it's easy for you to correct me ;)

Overall, this conveys the information needed for whomever is reading it to understand what is being suggested/recommended... it lacks a little finesse (on the part of the author) but gets the point across.

Does that mean that it's easy for you to correct me ;)

They all sound roughly like that, especially when it is government work. We just submitted a document that was roughly 7,000 pages filled with that type of language.

I got some documents, work related, to translate in English and send them further.

The real trouble is that the lady who wrote those doesn't write nice and concise sentences. She puts a lot in just one sentence and use unnecessary words an terminology . I :roll: and get :confused: whenever I read something that she wrote. I used to deal with her more in the past, that's not the case these days and I thank God for that.

Anyway... I've read a lot of what she wrote in this document and I have headache. The problem is not the theme (that's a part of my job) it's her. I tried to translate some parts but I'm aware that it's full of grammar mistakes because I'm not able to fully simplify her sentences. ... can you please help with the grammar issues, telling me where I did wrong!

"...For the project of the reconstruction and building sewerage network for the central part of „the city”, which we nominated, the Water discharge consent is provided by a competent body of public institution „State's Waters“. The project is a separate type.
In accordance with the goal of resolving mentioned issues, our Municipality defined the need for sewage collectors installation. That need is noted in our strategic document for development.
Strategic goal number 4 - To create and insure ecologically healthy and infrastructural built environment based on European standards
Operative goal 4.4 - Significantly improved water, sewerage and reconstructed heating network in our Municipality, until the year 2015.
Taking the strategic goal into a consideration, one of the priority projects that Municipality needs to implement in 2013-2015 period of time, is the project of construction and reconstruction of priority parts of sewerage network and installing collectors.

....In order to improve the water supply system, so far Municipality has carried out the following: cleaning and rinsing trap and reservoir, reservoir reconstruction, replacement of old pipes, installation of chlorinators, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water.
In the area of ​​the narrower part of the city it is necessary to replace the ACC pipes in a length of 4,000 m with the PE 100-350 pipes. In populated place „X“ it’s necessary to replace ACC 200 pipes with the PE 200 pipes in a length of 8,700 m. In “Y“ water supply system it is necessary to replace LZ pipes with the PE 80 pipes, in length of 7000 m, and also ACC 100 pipes with the PE 100 pipes, in the length of 3,000 m. In “Y“ water supply system it’s necessary to replace the ACC 80 pipes with the PE 80 pipes in the length of 8,500 m...."

thank you thank you

Rough translation...

"****'s broken yo. Give us money to fix."

"...As for the project of reconstruction and building of a sewerage network for the central part of "the city&#8221; (which we nominated), the water discharge consent is provided by "State's Waters&#8220; a competent public institution. (The project is a separate type < this line doesn't make sense, it's out of context).

Does that read better?

Last edited:
Overall, this conveys the information needed for whomever is reading it to understand what is being suggested/recommended... it lacks a little finesse (on the part of the author) but gets the point across.

oh... I expected to hear something completely different...

I guess I haven't done this completely bad

Out of touch today but can correct if you point out where it is insensible.
"...Forthe project of the reconstruction and building sewerage network forthe central part of „the city”, which we nominated, the Waterdischarge consent is provided by a competent body of publicinstitution „State's Waters“. The project is a separate type.

Water Discharge Approval for building and reconstructing the sewer system for the central part of the city, a project that we initiated, has been given by the appropriate, designated public institution, 'The State Water Department. This project is a separate and unique endeavor of the organization.

In accordance with the goal of resolving mentioned issues, our Municipality defined the need for sewage collectors installation.That need is noted in our strategic document for development.

To resolve any conflicting issues, our Municipality has defined the needs and goals for the sewage drainage collection system and included that definition as part of our strategic document.

Strategic goal number 4 - To create and ensure an ecologically healthy and structurally sound infrastructure and environment according to European standards

Operative goal 4.4 - Significantly improve water, sewerage and reconstructed heating network in our Municipality by the year 2015.

Taking the strategic goal into a consideration, one of the priority projects that Municipality needs to implement in 2013-2015 period of time, isthe project of construction and reconstruction of priority parts ofsewerage network and installing collectors.

Taking the strategic goal into consideration, one of the priority projects that must be implemented in the 2013-2015 time frame is the rehabilitation and/or construction of key important areas of the sewerage network and the installation of collecting portions.

....In order to improve the water supply system, so far Municipality hascarried out the following: cleaning and rinsing trap and reservoir,reservoir reconstruction, replacement of old pipes, installation of chlorinators, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water.

To improve the existing water supply system, the Municipality has carried out the following: cleaning and rinsing traps and reservoirs,reservoir reconstruction, replacement of old pipes, installation of chlorinators and chemical and bacteriological analysis of the water.

In the area of &#8203;&#8203;the narrower part of the city it is necessary toreplace the ACC pipes in a length of 4,000 m with the PE 100-350pipes. In populated place „X“ it’s necessary to replace ACC 200pipes with the PE 200 pipes in a length of 8,700 m. In “Y“ water supply system it is necessary to replace LZ pipes with the PE 80 pipes, in length of 7000 m, and also ACC 100 pipes with the PE 100pipes, in the length of 3,000 m. In “Y“ water supply system it’s necessary to replace the ACC 80 pipes with the PE 80 pipes in the length of 8,500 m...."

In the narrower (?) part [smaller area?] of the city it is necessary to replace 4,000 m. of ACC pipes with the PE 100-350 pipes. In populated areas, X“ it’s necessary to replace 8,700 m. of ACC 200 pipes with the PE 200 pipes . In “Y“ water supply system it is necessary to replace 7000 m. of LZ pipes with the PE 80 pipes and 3,000 m. of ACC 100 pipes with the PE 100 pipes. In “Y“ water supply system it is necessary to replace 8500 m. of ACC 80 pipes with PE 80 pipes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back