Need input - camera for basic use, picture and video

Msteelio91

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitaldistrictphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, looking to purchase a camera for my company that will be used for very basic needs. Just general picture taking at gatherings/meetings and occasionally recording some video. Needs to be easy to use (will be used by other staff, not me), and just "decent" quality. Not looking for anything extraordinary here, and "point and shoot" ability is critical. Some of the people that might end up using it have a hard time with cell phones lol.

Price range is $300-$400USD. I'd prefer Nikon simply because I know them better and would be able to help more if needed. If another brand has something better I wouldn't mind.

Olympus Tough. That way, when someone drops it, or spills a drink on it when they set it down, you can just pick it up, wash it off, and keep going.

iPhone 6s is nice, shoots good video. Samsung Galaxy series, also nice. People will be able to USE thoise rigs too, without you being the de facto tech Support Dude to keep the camera running right. They will also have chargers available everywhere.

I dunno...head to bestBuy and ask a decent camera sales guy. He'll have a good idea of what the best 300-400 dollar camera is these days.

To be honest, a top of the line cell phone will more than do what you need.

Nikon D3300 might be in your price range

Most reactions

New Topics

Back