What's new

Need lense advice for 7d

Xx_Joey_xX

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all

Merry Christmas / Happy new year

I own a 7d with the 18 - 135 mm lense
I like this lense for an everywhere lense
bu I need something with a nice zoom range and a price maybe up to $300 $400 ?

what do you guys advice ?

Thanks
 
Hello all

Merry Christmas / Happy new year

I own a 7d with the 18 - 135 mm lense
I like this lense for an everywhere lense
bu I need something with a nice zoom range and a price maybe up to $300 $400 ?

what do you guys advice ?

Thanks


You should read these two articles. The prices for the Canon lenses may be out of your budget range, so you can look further to 3rd party lenses in the 2nd article.

5 Lenses You Must Have for Canon EOS 7D
Best Third-Party Lens Selection for Canon EOS 7D
 
Maybe Stretch your Budget to around $600 and you'll be able to get a 70-200mm/f4 L lens.i think thats what i seen it at on B&H,But its non Is.Still a good lens though.

Other then then,3rd Party or second hand would be your only other option
 
Well lets say i strech it to $600 what are my options ?
does the 70-200 f4L have IS ?
 
I just saw this,
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM amazing lense ! but well over $2000.00
 
Well lets say i strech it to $600 what are my options ?
does the 70-200 f4L have IS ?

That lens is $1,210 with and $636 w/o.

Unless I was on a tripod at all times I don't think I'd want this lens without IS. Its not light. I have the 4 w/IS but would be interested to hear what/if anyone who has this group of lenses without IS thinks for your sake so you dont make a mistake.
 
Last edited:
I've used it in College a few times,and i find it fine without Is.aslong as you have steady hand's and shooting over 1/60th of a second,its a good lens.if you uncomfertable using one with out Is because it's a tad heavy,buy a monopod.The weight has never faultered one of my image's.

Also keep in mind that if your looking at 3rd party you might not get a Stablisation System with a lens from say Sigma or tamron either.

I've seen a few with Is on the Uk Ebay site go for about £600.and there £1000 odd here in the Uk. So you might get lucky and find one pre-owned for around $500-600.

Another option i can give(and ive done it)is try before you buy. Hire a lens out for a weekend,and if you like it, Get it on order :) its a small cost out of your budget,but means if you dont like it,you can allways think more about what You want.
 
Hello all

Merry Christmas / Happy new year

I own a 7d with the 18 - 135 mm lense
I like this lense for an everywhere lense
bu I need something with a nice zoom range and a price maybe up to $300 $400 ?

what do you guys advice ?

Thanks


You should read these two articles. The prices for the Canon lenses may be out of your budget range, so you can look further to 3rd party lenses in the 2nd article.

5 Lenses You Must Have for Canon EOS 7D
Best Third-Party Lens Selection for Canon EOS 7D
That's funny, I have pretty much that exact same setup (minus the 100-400 and macro) :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom