Need opinion, 45W 5500K fluorescent bulb or similar LED bulb?

JimTrail

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Forum;

Question: Which would be best for a brighter light? 1). a 45W 120V 5500K bulb like the one shown in the picture; or 2). an LED light with similar wattage and Kelvin values.

I bought a set of lights earlier this year from an online retailer. There were three lights total. Each light has four bulbs. The whole entire kit cost less than $100.

One of the bulbs in one of the lights got broken. I was just wondering about the best replacement.

The bulb that got broken had transistors at the base (below the light element and above the socket screw). Those bulbs look kind of sophisticated.

Thank you in advance.

light_2.jpg
light.jpg

Wattage is merely a unit of energy consumption. It does not equate to light output. A hairdryer is 1200w but isn't very bright. What you need to find out is the lumen output for the various lamps.

Question: Which would be best for a brighter light? 1). a 45W 120V 5500K bulb like the one shown in the picture; or 2). an LED light with similar wattage and Kelvin values.
If it's brighter you want, forget the continuous lighting and use flash.

Since you now have an empty socket in a four-bulb fixture, I'd say get the same kind of CFL as you have in the other three sockets. Make it all match, color-wise.

You start mixing colors of light, you're going to have a devil of a time trying to get the colors right in your finished image.

What was said above.
Additionally LED constant and moreover flourescent are a particular problem.
This is why fhoto-floods are still the best choice for constant light.

Hotter than hell and not fun to sit under.

But they are bright, with constant color levels.

480sparky, Designer, Zoocom1;

Thank you for your responses.

I think I will purchase another CFL bulb comparable to the one that was broken. That way I can keep everything consistent.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back