Need some advice for my website

allen880808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am working on a project named "my attic just flew away", the idea of the site is to collect photos of old stuff. Here is the website:

My Attic Just Flew Away

English is not my native language, so there might be some weird sentences or typo in it. I will appreciate it if anyone could find out any mistakes in the website. Any other advice would be appreciated, too.

And of course, if you want to submit your photo, that would be awesome! ;p

"Good Old Days" shouldn't be after "take a picture of" and above "reminds you (of) the".

That's just poor design right there.

I don't understand your banner, I've tried several ways of reading it and still it doesn't make sense... Think my brain has melted or is it just me?

I think the design is actually pretty good. I am not a fan of the style, but it seems to suit the subject well. But as Formatted said, I'd think about making the banner simpler.

Other than that, a great idea for a website. If you advertise it properly and manage to get a good number of users/visitors, you might even make some money.

Thanks guys, I will redesign the banner. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. :)

Okay...So I did a little modification for the banner so it looks simpler. If anyone is curious about the old design, here is the banner evolution.
5873904032_68b41c70a7_b.jpg

Thanks again for all the comments above. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. I also look forward to receiving photos from anyone who is interested in this photo collection project!

Version2. I don't understand why you keep on creating banners that are practically unreadable!

Version2. I don't understand why you keep on creating banners that are practically unreadable!
I agree. The banner is way too busy and complicated. If you want to keep the person on your website they need to know exactly what it's about as soon as they arrive. Your banner is not telling them, but actually confusing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back