Need Some advice on a wedding

vonshears

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am shooting a wedding in March and the couple is getting married in a wine cellar that is lit by candle light. any suggestions for exposure or flash?
I would hate to lose all the feeling of the nice ambient light and just come away with on camera flash lit photos with hard shadows.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
thank you

High ISO, wide open apertures and some bounced or foofed flash if necessary. If you've never photographed moving people under those conditions, I recommend you have some friends over, light some candles in a really dark room and experiment. You don't want to blow it on the big day. Good luck!!!

good advice from photogoddess... experiment before hand and see what you can do...would be great if you could go in advance to the actual location.
Also...be sure to tell your clients about the expected lighting issue and what they should expect from their pictures.....helps when all parties are going into it with all the info.

thanks everybody!!! I'll do some test at the location before hand with a higher ISO and a fast lens.
great advice. it helped.

Didn't LittleMan recently do a wedding that was lit somewhat similarly? Low light with lots of candles? Perhaps he might have some tips...if he's around:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back