Need some Help!

bozo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i got referred to this place by some one off another forum, heres what i origianlly posted.

so,

i want to get my own camera now and i want a digital one. for some reason im scared of using a manual one and the thought of messing about with things and metering frightens me... so i want a digital camera.

having looking through magazines and catlogues, im still unsure on what i want. all i do know is that i want a decent camera to take shots. digital SLR maybe?

money wise, mum aint gona give me a penny for this 'thing' which means i can only have X amount to spend. im thinking of spending NO MORE than £400 on this camera (around $750).

it would be nice if some of you more experienced fellows can steer me in the best direction and allow me to get my moneys worth! try keeping the amount to a minimum but the limit is what i've just mentioned above. of course, i'll get what i pay for but i'm not looking for something really proffesional and snappy here, just want something to take good pictures with that i can use in my projects and also make up collages to go in my portfolio.

any help would be much appreciated guys!

thanks once again!

p.s. i've been told to look for a Cannon

Well, I'm not sure exactly what the price is on these, but the Canon Digital Rebel or Nikon D70 supposed to be good low-end DSLRs. They will likely offer auto modes for shooting without thinking much, but as I bet a lot of people will tell you around here, it is probably best to learn how meter and focus and adjust your shutter/aperture manually anyway. A manual camera with a built-in light meter is actually not that hard to use. Knowing what everything does will allow you to control every aspect of the shot and be more creative, getting the shot you want rather than the one the camera thinks is right. If you're looking for a point-and-shoot digital camera, then read reviews online of various ones and figure out what features you want, and what you can get for the right price. If you want something more advanced, like a DSLR, then your choices are limited pretty well since most of them go beyond your price range. But like I said, if you can find it for the right price, then a D70 or Digital Rebel should work very well. They will offer you great control over your shots, as long as you know how to set them right. Check out the Advice & Reviews section of this forum and see what people are reccomending there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back