What's new

Need some HELP!!!!!

Scarecrow

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Yokosuka Kanagawa Japan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently bought ta GIOTTOS TRIPOD MLT 92/82 model from Adorama. All the reviews said it was a great tripod and I figured I couldn't go wrong. Well it arrived today and come to find out it doesn't come with swivel head for the camera mount. I need a new mount for a Canon 5D lenses I would be using would be the 24-70, 70mmL-200mmL and the 300mmL. Can someone point in the right direction for a good strong and decent priced mount.
 
Most 'good quality' tripods come separate from the 'head'. It's like cameras and lenses...you need both for them to work.

There are many different options when it comes to tripod heads. There are pan & tilt type heads, although they are more suited to video. There are 3-way heads, which allow movement in three different planes. There are ball heads, which allow for free movement. There are gimbal heads. There are fluid heads. There are pistol grip heads.

The obvious part is that yo should find a head that is rated for the weight you'll be putting on it, but other than that, it's largely personal preference.
 
ok thats all good to know that I got a decent tripod. Im thinking of more along the lines of a ballhead. Most of my shots would be of city scape or land scape maybe a few animals or group photos. What company and head would you recomend for say under 120 USd?
 
You can use just about any brand or style, as the head mounting stud is pretty universal.

I personally like Manfrotto / Bogen, but there are many great options. If you can, I'd recommend getting into a store that has s decent selection of heads, just so that you can get a hands-on feel for what you might light and might not like. Like I said, it's a largely personal decision.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom