Need specifics on lighting....

spedebug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!!
Ive been searching the forum and haven't seemed to find the answers I need, So hopefully someone would be willing to advise me.
I am new to this forum, and am opening a studio. I am looking to buy a lighting set up. I am interested in a 3 or 4 light set up, 3 soft boxes and 1 possible hair light (no umbrellas) I want a strobe set up, not continuous lights. I am looking to keep it under 1,000$. I have searched photo websites, and am very confused as to what exactly I need or that is best. I am confused about pocket wizards, power packs ect ect. I also have no idea the watts I need to accurately light my subjects. I have seen many light kits that differ in power and watts. I will be taking portraits, and just need enough light on my main light to keep the shutter and f-stop at good readings. Something 5500k I think would be good...
Any suggestions guys??

Last edited:
icon5.gif
Need specifics on lighting....
Any suggestions guys??
You'll need to be more specific.

A quick use of the search function (found above the banner) yielded 28 threads with "LIGHTING" as the keyword of titles for the last 30 days. Were none of those helpful?

How is the weather in Colombia today? Cali is a beautiful city, but it has gotten to big for me.

Your desired setup and your budget don't quite match.

This would be a good start - http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/CF0502K1/

You could add a couple more lights and get whatever other light modifiers you want.

Last edited:
I will be taking portraits, and just need enough light on my main light to keep the shutter and f-stop at good readings.
Shutter speed doesn't really matter when shooting with strobes.

No offense, but are you ready to open a studio?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back