I currently have a gripped 50D which has been working great for my needs except that I will be working on a video project this summer so I need a high quality video capability. Since I cannot afford a quality video camera, I have decided that dSLR video is going to be my best option (better quality, lower cost, will be used on a tripod so motion control is not a concern). I shoot a lot of macro shots and like to print as large as possible so more resolution is always a plus and I cover a lot of downhill ski races. I have about $800 to spend so I have come to 2 potential options:
OPTION 1
Sell 50D and grip(~$800), purchase used 7D+grip(~$1600)
pros:
higher quality stills
higher burst rate
better AF (shoot a lot of ski racing)
better viewfinder
weathersealed (shoot a lot of ski racing)
familiar layout/controls
cons:
cannot shoot video and stills simultaneously
OPTION 2
buy used T2i +grip+SD card (~$800)
pros:
2 bodies (simultaneousness stills and video, different lenses)
cons:
different memory cards
no weather sealing
different layout
Lenses: Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 50 f1.4, Sigma 150 f2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8
I am not a professional so I do not need a backup body in case one fails mid shoot.
So, would you go for 2 bodies both of which do an alright job, or one body that combines everything you want? I am torn.
Thanks
OPTION 1
Sell 50D and grip(~$800), purchase used 7D+grip(~$1600)
pros:
higher quality stills
higher burst rate
better AF (shoot a lot of ski racing)
better viewfinder
weathersealed (shoot a lot of ski racing)
familiar layout/controls
cons:
cannot shoot video and stills simultaneously
OPTION 2
buy used T2i +grip+SD card (~$800)
pros:
2 bodies (simultaneousness stills and video, different lenses)
cons:
different memory cards
no weather sealing
different layout
Lenses: Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 50 f1.4, Sigma 150 f2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8
I am not a professional so I do not need a backup body in case one fails mid shoot.
So, would you go for 2 bodies both of which do an alright job, or one body that combines everything you want? I am torn.
Thanks