Negrych Pioneer Homestead (warning: lotsa photos)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited the Negrych Pioneer Homestead in Gilbert Plains (Manitoba) this summer. Dating from 1897, it's the most complete and best-preserved Ukrainian farmstead in Canada. There's no electricity, yet one of the Negrych's descendants lived there up until the 1990's. No fridge, just an icebox!

This is a provincial and national heritage site, and a cool place to tour and photograph. All images shot handheld with available light only.

5. The only example of a long-shingle Carpathian roof in Canada

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Very nice and textured. I think the 2nd from the last one needs to go though. It's not as interesting as the rest =) But i can certainly see/appreciate the attempt. Thats just my opinion! =)

Thanks for the feedback, 5DM. One of my goals when posting multi-photo threads is to identify the images that are not up to par, so your comment is more than welcome.

Your photography style is weird,on one hand I don't understand the photos, on the other hands I like to watch them, they are very interesting to look at. This is not a critique or something negative though!

Love no.3 and 4

Your photography style is weird,on one hand I don't understand the photos, on the other hands I like to watch them, they are very interesting to look at. This is not a critique or something negative though!

Love no.3 and 4
There's really nothing to understand, no cryptic messages embedded in them at all. Just images that try to show the passage of time, is all. I take the "weird style" comment as a compliment :) Thanks for your kind words, man.

I like the more abstract ones better. 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 are just beautiful.

The other ones make me think of tourism brochure shots. Nothing really wrong with them but they don't do much for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back