Nervous...Giv meh warm fuzzies plz!!!

very nice picture her eyes are a little oof but a really nice photo I look forward to seeing some more

very nice picture her eyes are a little oof but a really nice photo I look forward to seeing some more

Hmmm, really? You've got me worried now, I thought I had focus pretty well down a while back, and going through this set most of them seem to be pretty sharp. Do they look OOF to anyone else? I'll go back and take a look...see if I can figure out how to get a larger picture displayed here with a crop. I always get smaller sized images when I post from flickr.

Wow! Looks great ! I love the colors from the field --how they match the color of her hair. Breeze flowing through her hair, nice DOF...i dont see anything *I'D* fix.
Great job! Cant wait to see more :D

I wish I could put into words how excited I am about this shoot!!!

I know these pictures aren't perfect yet...but I have NEVER been this happy with the results, I'm completely giddy over here editing these! :D

There are a lot more I'd like to share, but I haven't even gotten nearly halfway through the pictures yet and I couldn't NOT show you guys the results so far.

Here's what I've finnished, along with a bit of touch up on the picture I posted last night. C&C is always welcome of course, and thanks for looking! =)

1)

5049864738_dfdc9c28d2.jpg

2)

5052339252_70d6835568.jpg

3)

5052340244_7ca6c790a8.jpg

4)

5051719641_44e5e219fa.jpg

5)

5051719937_9cac643e74.jpg

6)

5051720571_317f356391.jpg

7)

5051720821_f006e7cde1.jpg

And this last one... I know it isn't really what you'd expect from a senior picture, and it's not even really a "portrait" per say... But it's hands down my favorite picture I've ever done so far. I love this one so much.... feel free to burst my bubble though, I may have serious "could nine" goggles on!

8)

5052341810_6aa0ddc724.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

I love the lot of them.

Nice job!

My least favorite, for the pose, is the first one. The pose with the coat and her hands up make her look short and stumpy. I think it is something about there being nothing to break the angled lines of the coat, creating a mass, and then showing no leg.

Did you appy radial blur to the last one?

Ya' done good. These have a very 21st Century look and feel.

Thanks guys! Even a bitter approval woooot! :lol:

Oh, and yep...I used a radial blur on both 5 and 8, but made it a little stronger on 8. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but I think overall it improves the mood of the shot.

Derrel, could you explain what it is that makes them feel 21st century? I'd love to hear your input, as I have no clue what that entails, but glad to hear I pulled it off;)

21st century: slightly over the top PP that strives for visual or artistic style, flair or impact, as opposed to realistic or naturalistic color. Heavy or obvious post-production aka "software" vignetting. Lots of horizontal compositions on subjects that would traditionally be framed as verticals, mostly as a result of viewing images on computer monitors, as opposed to framed wall-mounted or desk-top displayed, printed and framed images.

21st century: slightly over the top PP that strives for visual or artistic style, flair or impact, as opposed to realistic or naturalistic color. Heavy or obvious post-production aka "software" vignetting. Lots of horizontal compositions on subjects that would traditionally be framed as verticals, mostly as a result of viewing images on computer monitors, as opposed to framed wall-mounted or desk-top displayed, printed and framed images.

Hmmm then your "Ya done good" was sarcastic? I can understand a lot of these being more traditionally in portrait orientation (and as I said, I've not even finnished editing half of this session yet, so there are plenty more not horizontally framed)...but do you feel the processing is over the top? I could tone it down if needed..I was really going for a natural, but not totally clean, processed feel here.

No, I think ya' done good...the processing is very 21st century...these are for a high school senior, a female one...this is probably what she expects/wants/will be excited by.
The post processing looks "processed", but not objectionably so. No sarcasm was intended. As I wrote "slightly over the top PP"...I think that's what you have...keep in mind, to me over the top is different than what a 20-year old shooter might consider over the top...I think you have struck a very good balance here.

Ok, thanks Derrel =)

I'm really pushing the processing a bit more than ussual, so if it starts to look like "too much" I'm really not offended. I'm glad to hear you think it's a good happy medium... and you're totally right about what a young senior girl would want for her pictures. The BEST part of this whole experience has been seeing how overjoyed she is with her pictures!

All done editing!!!

I apologize for the large share, but I HAD to show some more from this set....I learned sooo much this time around, and the girl loved her pictures so much. Literally within a couple hours of posting three pictures as a preview for her on facebook, I had a friend of hers booking a family portrait session =)

As always though..I welcome CC. I know these pictures aren't perfect yet, but I know they were a step in the right direction =)

1)

5057311297_25a77770b6.jpg

2)

5057311041_669974013e.jpg

3)

5057925412_40cfb37dbc.jpg

4)

5057923848_8f8a1926d6.jpg

5)

5057404573_65576c563d.jpg

6)

5058017784_43727dfc4f.jpg

7)
5057311523_fcd28a2f1a.jpg

8)

5057311975_8a813f00bc.jpg

I like the close ups, they seem well done and good focus but maybe its my computer screen or my eyesight but her eyes in the distant shots dont seem in focus ie. the shot with the rail road track her jeans and boots seem focused by her eyes do not. Its probably me.:eek:ldman:

1,2,5,6,7,8= SOLID.

Damn, girl, this set just booked another set....dat's the way to do it!

The vanishing point trick on #5 is super well-done. #1 is engaging. #6 is a solid vertical environmental shot. Some of the best I've seen from you yet.

Most reactions

Back