Never seen Mt Diablo this green before

denum

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have had a very good year for rainfall and consequently things are very lush and green.

This shot was taken with a new lens...Sony 70-200mm GM with a 2X converter. Plenty of birds here but too far away, or too obsured by branches and leaves.

Squirrel Regency trail 3 edited.jpg

This view is of a particularly scenic area along a popular trail I hike now and then. Unfortunately this picture does not do it justice. I like that the trail is at the same height as the canopy of the trees below. Throughout most of this trail you are looking up at the trees. I had brought only the long lens on this hike so had to resort to the trusty iphone 14 pro received in an ewaste haul a few weeks back.

Beautiful forest Regency trail E0039 reduced.jpg

Love the squirrel (?) shot.

Love the squirrel (?) shot.
Thanks wobe. Yes, a tree squirrel. As I understand it tree squirrels have no stripes, ground squirrels have stripes on their bodies, and chipmunks have stripes on their bodies as well as on their heads.

Wonderful shots, and the squirrel is perfect, wonderful comp and lighting and sharp and crisp!
Thanks Jeff. Appreciate the comments. Looking forward to putting this new lens to work again soon.

Nice shots of the Devil's Mountain! We used to camp up there when I was young. We'd pack a couple cases of beer and nothing else. The good 'ol days!

Nice shots of the Devil's Mountain! We used to camp up there when I was young. We'd pack a couple cases of beer and nothing else. The good 'ol days!
Yep, we did the same thing. Lot's of good memories.

Most reactions

Back