New Action Figure shot-I bet you've never seen a figure like this one ;)

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few years ago, before I got smart enough to backup my photos, I shot what is to this day still one of my all time favorite shots. Not just of figures, but of everything I shot. But alas, technology being as dependable as it is, my computer crashed and I lost the full res version. I'm left with only a 600px tall version of it I had on the internet. Prints out to a whole 2 inches tall. So today I set out to replicate the shot. I failed. But I got other shots I liked to. So here's one.

D300
ISO 200
f/7.1
1/10 sec
200w smith-victor light behind figure left. Gold reflector for fill. I got a little chromatic aberration on his right forearm and a couple other highlights, but that tends to happen with super bright lights sometimes. Especially when using a sigma lens. :p

If you're wondering, it's Old Monty from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake in 2004. How many wheelchair bound figures have you seen? Let alone one with a pee filled catheter bag hooked on the back of the chair. :lmao: I wish I could have had his whole cane in the shot, but once again the backdrop, in this case a doorway base used for the leatherface figure, was too narrow.

Anyway, hope you guys like it. C&C always welcomed.

Last edited:
I really like everything about this shot. Good job :D

chain saw massacre=worst movie of my life.
I was scared for months after....

but awesome shot.

chain saw massacre=worst movie of my life.
I was scared for months after....

but awesome shot.

How can you be scared of a movie when Jessica Beal is running around in a wet white T shirt? Then runs into a large meat factory which was obviously cold haha.
But seriously sweet picture and that movie was pretty scary. I do own it though.

How can you be scared of a movie when Jessica Beal is running around in a wet white T shirt? Then runs into a large meat factory which was obviously cold haha.

usually boobs aren't my kind of thing. :sexywink:

Boobs are everybody's kind of thing.

okay, okay, I like myself an occasional boob.

:er:

Most reactions

Back