EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well my favorite Osprey nest finally got some chicks! There are 2 I can see for sure, they are about 2 days old in these pics. Hard to see but look close....... Not the best IQ, but i will take it!

_ECD5698-copy860.jpg

_ECD5696-copy900.jpg

_ECD5820-copy860.jpg

OMGosh--the chick in the bottom picture is so tiny!!!!!! How adorable! I used to fish a lot on two rivers where osprey frequently caught trout, steelhead smolts, suckers, whitefish,and squawfish, for the most part. It was always a pleasure to see an osprey dive, splash, and then come up and circle around clutching its prey. One time, at a somewhat out of the way state park, I saw an osprey dive and come up with a nice-looking rainbow trout. I had never considered the spot to be a particularly good-looking fishing spot. The next time I was there with my then-girlfriend, the osprey caught another fish there. I came back a few days later and fished that barren-looking flat...and it was FILLED with trout. This was a big, wide, mountain-origin river, and on some days, I was able to catch and release many,many mostly hatchery-origin trout using size 12 or 10 caddis emerger flies.

Eric, nice captures. Hard to believe these little bits of fluff will grow to be big fish hunters. Would you care to share the location? Thanks.

Eric, nice captures. Hard to believe these little bits of fluff will grow to be big fish hunters. Would you care to share the location? Thanks.

Nest is located in Winter Park, Florida

Lovely! Difficult subjects! lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back