New camera day

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was able to buy a Sony NEX mirrorless camera. It doesn't have a flash so I spent all day taking blurry or dark pictures, I kept working on it and it finally clicked and I got this.
12219617_10207531569903660_3196887240724132100_n.jpg

Ah, looks like your cat likes the camera also.
What model and lens did you get ?

Maybe try elevating the ISO level when shooting in low lighting conditions...it beats blurry shots! Keep testing the camera out in all of your normal shooting locations and conditions. Sometimes it takes a while to get an accurate, overall, and broad understanding of exactly how a new camera functions. For example, many new-generation cameras with Sony sensors have very good performance at high ISO values, whereas in the past, similar cameras that used older sensor technology got really noisy and had awful color at higher ISO levels. So, keep testing the camera, keep pushing it, keep learning what it can do.

A big problem I've encountered is what might be called dumb program curves, meaning that in low light levels, many camera programs will favor LOW ISO, with the lens wide-open, and the shutter speed wayyyyyyyyy too slow for the real world! Favoring low ISO values, at the expense of shutter speed, ruins many,many,many images. This problem, dumb program curves, has been a problem for decades. Eliminating it involves the user overriding the system.

This problem exists in many cameras, like the iPhone camera for example, as well as many compact cameras. A good example is that many cameras will time out low-light exposures, with very long shutter speeds that will make great pictures *****only if***** the camera is tripod-mounted and the subject is not moving. This has been a serious issue for over 40 years, and it goes back to the camera company engineers and their outdated, stodgy ideas of how photography ought to be done.

This is why I specifically picked an "nex" with a flash.

using tapatalk.

Ah, looks like your cat likes the camera also.
What model and lens did you get ?
I was supposed to get the 18-55 kit lens but they sent it with a 16mm E2.8/16

Maybe try elevating the ISO level when shooting in low lighting conditions...it beats blurry shots! Keep testing the camera out in all of your normal shooting locations and conditions. Sometimes it takes a while to get an accurate, overall, and broad understanding of exactly how a new camera functions. For example, many new-generation cameras with Sony sensors have very good performance at high ISO values, whereas in the past, similar cameras that used older sensor technology got really noisy and had awful color at higher ISO levels. So, keep testing the camera, keep pushing it, keep learning what it can do.

A big problem I've encountered is what might be called dumb program curves, meaning that in low light levels, many camera programs will favor LOW ISO, with the lens wide-open, and the shutter speed wayyyyyyyyy too slow for the real world! Favoring low ISO values, at the expense of shutter speed, ruins many,many,many images. This problem, dumb program curves, has been a problem for decades. Eliminating it involves the user overriding the system.

This problem exists in many cameras, like the iPhone camera for example, as well as many compact cameras. A good example is that many cameras will time out low-light exposures, with very long shutter speeds that will make great pictures *****only if***** the camera is tripod-mounted and the subject is not moving. This has been a serious issue for over 40 years, and it goes back to the camera company engineers and their outdated, stodgy ideas of how photography ought to be done.
Thanks, I appreciate the info.

This is why I specifically picked an "nex" with a flash.

using tapatalk.
I like not having a flash for two reasons. One it makes me have to really learn what the numbers mean and do in different conditions. Two is no more bright flashes in Harley's face.

Nex-?
The 16mm has some IQ issues ... though some like it because its a pancake.
The 18-55 should be fairly cheap to pickup, as many NEX shooters dump it to get better glass ... even though it is not a bad lens.

Nex-?
The 16mm has some IQ issues ... though some like it because its a pancake.
The 18-55 should be fairly cheap to pickup, as many NEX shooters dump it to get better glass ... even though it is not a bad lens.
I want to get at least one good zoom lens, I have my eye on a Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6.

Most reactions

Back