new computer configuration(need opinion of other geeks)

Is there any reason you didn't consider AMD?? It looks like your and Intel guy, but you might save some money and have some left over for a bigger HD or something. Anyways just a thought

Have a great day!

aggiezach said:
Is there any reason you didn't consider AMD?? It looks like your and Intel guy, but you might save some money and have some left over for a bigger HD or something. Anyways just a thought

Have a great day!

I'm and AMD fan if technically they are leading Intel right now anyway.

Scott WRG Editor said:
Skyeg said:
im throwing together a computer, im going for under $500, it will be replacing a P4 1.8 with a 40GB HD 256MB SDRAM 64MB DDR radion 7500 with a a crappy MOBO and sound card.

this will be a seccond computer definitly not my primery machine, i will be useing a 19" trinitron and a 17" flat pannel that i already have on above mentioned computer.

tell me if u think anythign definitly needs to be changed...i thinks its ok but i could be wronge.

2.8GHz P4 800FSB (prescot core)
MSI 848p neo-v with 6channel audio and lan
Radeon 9600SE 128MB DDR
2x 256MB DDR pc-3200
80GB 7200RPM SATA HD
DVD-rom
also a nice case, 400watt PS, fans and all the cables i need

I would stay away from the Radeon 9600SE, the SE versions are basically stripped down and from what I hear are utter garbage. I would also go for a gig of ram, I did it with my last computer and I haven't been sorry, as soon games will need it.
that's right
but i heard sombody say it can be overclock to non-pro 9xxx series

karissa said:
aggiezach said:

Have a great day!

I'm and AMD fan if technically they are leading Intel right now anyway.
i think so
at least its 64bit series already won a lot of market..
And for the normal 32bit, it's real cheap and valuable :lol:

perhaps you can consider
AMD Althon XP 2800+ (oc to 3200+)
and you can play with high speed processer and save money on the CPU and MB. So u can have extra money to upgrade your display card or HD whatever

westman said:
perhaps you can consider
and you can play with high speed processer and save money on the CPU and MB. So u can have extra money to upgrade your display card or HD whatever
I've got a 2500 OC'd to a 3200 and it works awesome!

voodoocat said:
westman said:
perhaps you can consider
I've got a 2500 OC'd to a 3200 and it works awesome!

yeah!
the performance is similar to P4e but it's cheaper

im getting my 2.8 P4(prescot) new for $60 from a friend, thats why im not considering AMD

Most people refer to the P4 as "The quilt" because of all it's patches.

Most reactions

Back