New from Ohio

dsimons1948

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I am Dave Simons from Troy, Ohio. I had an interest in photography back in the 70’s, shot mostly landscape with black and white film and had a small darkroom setup.
Since then it has it has been all point and shoot vacation snap shots.

I have recently retired and thought it would be a good time to start looking into digital photography.
I have not decided on a camera yet but am leaning toward a Nikon D7000 with a 18-105mm lens, a 70-300mm lens, and Photoshop Elements 11 for the software.

I thought I would include several snapshots from vacations or weekend trips, these weren’t meant to be great photographs, just great memories.
These were shot with a 3.2 megapixel Olympus Stylus.

1[SUP]st[/SUP]. Peaceful kayaking on Lake Powell. The paddle blade in the picture was intentional.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Not quite so peaceful kayaking on LakeErie. We made a beeline for the land when we saw the first waterspout.

3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. Traffic jam in South Dakota. Shot through the front window; there was no way I was getting out of the car, we were surrounded.

I have already learned quite a bit in my first few days on this forum and looking forward to learning much more.

Thanks
Dave

LakePowell24_zpsbcc8c8f8.jpg

Erie2_zpsdbeb2d56.jpg

Vacation2010074_zpsf2010ee2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I am Dave Simons from Troy, Ohio. I had an interest in photography back in the 70Â’s, shot mostly landscape with black and white film and had a small darkroom setup.
Since then it has it has been all point and shoot vacation snap shots.

I have recently retired and thought it would be a good time to start looking into digital photography.
I have not decided on a camera yet but am leaning toward a Nikon D7000 with a 18-105mm lens, a 70-300mm lens, and Photoshop Elements 11 for the software.

I thought I would include several snapshots from vacations or weekend trips, these werenÂ’t meant to be great photographs, just great memories.
These were shot with a 3.2 megapixel Olympus Stylus.

1[SUP]st[/SUP]. Peaceful kayaking on Lake Powell. The paddle blade in the picture was intentional.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Not quite so peaceful kayaking on LakeErie. We made a beeline for the land when we saw the first waterspout.

3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. Traffic jam in South Dakota. Shot throughthe front window; there was no way I was getting out of the car, we were surrounded.

I have already learned quite a bit in my first few days on this forum and looking forward to learning much more.

Thanks
Dave

LakePowell24_zpsbcc8c8f8.jpg

Erie2_zpsdbeb2d56.jpg

Vacation2010074_zpsf2010ee2.jpg

Welcome!

All the text formatting screwed up the links somehow.

Hello and welcome to the forum Dave!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum, Dave! That's a nice series of images you've posted, particularly the first one.

You will get more feedback if you post your work in our Gallery section, so please do check it out. I'd love to see more of your work. Keep posting, and have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back