New glasses...giving me CA?

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got some new glasses today. I like them, they're pretty cool. ;)

I have noticed something though...

Never noticed this with other glasses, and I always get the anti-reflective coating so I don't think it's that.

I seem to be getting some CA. It's the same for both eyes and both lenses.
If I look through the extreme right side of the lens highlights take on a orange/yellow cast. Blue through the extreme left side.

Maybe it's from the shape of the lens (rectangle)? All of my other glasses have been more of a round shape.

Not sure... Could be the coating I guess. Might be a different AR than the one I had before.

It's not really that big of a deal, I just noticed it and thought it was kinda weird. Anyone else experience that?

I've experienced it a couple of times, but now I either got used to it or don't see it anymore. I have the anti reflective coating and oval-ish shape lenses. At least thats better then getting lets say fish eye distortion. But wide angle would be cool :D

They have a little bit of barrel distortion on the edges too, but it's hardly noticeable...

And can you also see some noise on the sky, when you look out of the window:lmao:?

I do not wear glasses, so I have no experience with it, and nobody ever told me about such problem with theirs.

I just wonder, if a non-photographer would notice the CA or any distortion...

High-index glasses do indeed suffer from CA; I noticed this when I got my first pair. I almost had to return them, as they were brutal the first few days. Now I only notice about once a month.

Speaking of eye glass coatings. For all you wearers out there, next time you need lenses, check out ALIZE coating. It was about $25 more expensive than regular anti-glare but worth EVERY PENNEY!!!! It doesn't get those fingerprints and marks every time you blink. And dust doesn't stick to it so readily AND seriously for people who don't do dirt work you will hardly ever have to clean them. Now that is worth the money.

^^^
That's what I have.

I have noticed that they seem to stay cleaner...

Where are the pictures of these glasses....

Where are the pictures of these glasses....

edit

if you want to know what they look like, do a search on google images for "jhane barnes cosine" that's them.

Last edited:
Would this be posting someone else's photo without providing a link and proper credit to the photographer?

They have a little bit of barrel distortion on the edges too, but it's hardly noticeable...
Haha I just checked mine and I have some distortion on the edges too. lol

You wouldn't see this if your eyes were FF. That's what you get for having crop-sensor eyes :lmao:

Most reactions

Back