What's new

New Guy to the forum, Took a few pics

Bow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX
Hello all, very interesting forum you have here.
I was on a business trip this week, so I took along my Olympus OM-G with a 35-70 zoom with a UV filter and ISO 100 film. I used a small, 6" tripod that was set on anything I could to get it level while making it higher and a remote cable trigger.

I really have an interest in time exposure. I thought I would post a few pics for comments.

#1 The Palms
ThePalms.jpg

f8, 25seconds

#2 Waiting to be loaded
ShipInTheNight.jpg

f16, 2 minutes

#3 Preflight Checkout
N947PreFlight.jpg

f16, 1:15 minutes

#4 Gas and Go
AllGassedUp.jpg

f11, 1 minute

I am a real amatuer, but I have fun with it.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Bow
 
I like #3, even though the horizon is under exposed and the tarmac overexposed, it really draws your eye to the plane.
 
Thanks JDP.

I shot that photo at about 12:30 AM out in the middle of nowhere. There wasn't any light out there except what was behind me on the building, the blue taxiway lights, and the landing lights in the wing root of the plane...

I guess I need to learn how to judge the amout of time to hold the shutter open.

Thanks for check them out and your comments
 
In #3 I don't see the underexposure of the horizon and overexposure of tarmac, but that is probably because I know only little about photography ... I like how the plane really stands out against the pitch black sky. Personally, I might consider a closer crop, though, maybe cropping off that part of tarmac that reflects the shadow?

I also like the harbour pic and am surprised to see that those cranes stood all still in all of those 2 minutes!

Oh, have I ever said Welcome to ThePhotoForum to you? I have not?
Unforgivable!
Welcome to TPF!!!
 
Thanks LaFoto.


Is this cropped a bit better?
N947PreFlightCropped.jpg


And the port photo, that boat had actually been in there for at least 2 days, and those cranes never moved! LOL
 
First and only bump for any more comments, thoughts, suggestions, verbal abuse, etc...
 
Bow said:
...verbal abuse, etc...

You're kidding here, eh? ;)
If that should happen, we would be here as quickly as possible to stop that! ;)

OK, well, that crop is exactly what I was having in mind and what I would have done if this were my picture. Alas! pics of airports are not to be mine, for the lack of ... an airport nearby. (My place HAS an airport, mind, and I showed pics of it several months ago, but those made ever so obvious how "busy" that airport ... erm ... airfield/air-MEADOW ;) ... is.)
 
hahaha yes sir, I was joking! ;)

I do a lot of aircraft photos becauseI work on them as a job, so they are easy photography subjects! LOL

Thanks for the comments LaFoto
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom