New here and a cat :-)

Stark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, My name is vadim and i'm new to your forum,i'm 20 yrs old from israel.
I would like to study photography more seriously in the near future and i hope to make some progress.
Meanwhile here is a cat i caught few days ago,Please feel free for posting positive or negative comments.

Cat_by_VaD70im.jpg

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D70
Shutter Speed: 1/100 second
F Number: F/2.8
Focal Length: 86 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Hiya Vadim, welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

This is a nice cat and I really like composition of your photo (I might have cropped it a tad tighter myself - from left and above, maybe), exposure, DOF ... and the cat.

So did you CATCH it (as in catch from the street and making it your own) or did you CAPTURE it (with your camera so that it now is in your photo)?

Is something wrong with its eye or did you only capture it in a funny moment. The way it looks it looks a bit ... :scratch: ... mean? Would that be the word?

Thanks for the reply.
I don't really like cats so i don't catch them,i prefer chicken :wink:
what i meant was that i caught him on camera,excuse my mediocore english.
I took 20 shots of him and choosed the one where he's blinking, it looks like an evil blink ,so i kept this photo instead of the normal "why are you pointing that thing at me look" that cats do when you point a camera on them.

Yes, he does look a bit evil and mean here, but I like it and it is good to know there's nothing wrong with his eye.
And hey, sorry if I sounded like a teacher or so ... nothing wrong with your English, I was just making a bit of good-humoured fun, ok? English is not my first language, either!

And hey, my cat does not give me the "Why do you point that thing at me?" look, she will just turn away and show me her backside ... or walk straight into my lens. Equally nice, eh :D!?

That's ok, i was only kidding :wink:
cat's can be a little problematic for photography, try to use the "SIT" command, it works fine for my dog (when he's already sitting of course :)

as i see ther's a little concern for the cat's eye, here is the cat in his normal position.
Orangecat_by_VaD70im.jpg

Thanks again for the reply

vadim.

This is a nice photo, too. But he has been in the occasional fight, I should think, for they are quite territorial, and if there's another one roaming "his" area... :shock: uh-oh. Cat fight! His nose looks like it!

Since when taking the second you cropped off his feet, I would suggest a further crop to lose the top and the twig on the left ... not necessarily right now and immediately ... but ... maybe later, when you are bored and feel like playing with your pics a bit more. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back