mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just purchased a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED lens w/ box off ebay. It is supposed to be mint and I'm praying it is. I saved $150 vs. a new one I was going to purchase. I'm hoping it works out. I'll be posting photos after it arrives.

This is to replace my aging manual focus Nikkor 35mm f1.4 ai-s lens which is my most used lens. I wanted the new 35mm 1.4 G lens but couldn't justify the money, even used.

Last edited:
I received lens today. It is mint and looks unused. I'm making test shots now.

I received lens today. It is mint and looks unused. I'm making test shots now.
Really nice lens for the money, you did well on it used which is even better.

Glad you got a good deal on a great lens. Enjoy! Next time, I recommend you look at KEH.com for used gear. Their grading system is excellent, their customer service is excellent, and they have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. They also offer 2 year warranties at a very reasonable price.

Went about and shot some not-so-special photos to test it. It's fully functioning and sharper than my old AI-S lenses, but the color is not as rich as vintage lenses. I suppose everything is a trade off.
My exposures on a bright sunny day have seeming greater contrast and dynamic range. I blew out the highlights more easily so there is a learning curve with modern glass.
Here are a few test photos. I did tweak them a bit before posting. This was an exercise in testing if the lens is fully operational. It is a keeper.
DSC_2082.jpeg
DSC_2114.jpeg
DSC_2130.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back