New photographer - Shanghai photo...

AS87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to SLR photography and first post on the forum (been watching for some time) so thought I'd just share one of my new images... I recently bought a Canon 550d and Adobe photoshop, and tested them out on a trip to China. I was messing around with the settings on the camera, such as contrast and saturation etc to make the image appear slightly different... and then added a slight dark gradient to the sky on photoshop (photoshop skills are very limited for now :confused:). Could you guys please give me some review and feedback to let me know what you think? Also posted this on the landscape forum.

PDSkylineDay.jpg

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
If you want any serious C&C, you'd have to upload some bigger photo, because this is waaaay to small for any critique.

Hi Tomasko, I have changed the pic now to a bigger one. The one before was a thumbnail so you could click on it to make it bigger...

Thanks.

It's better now. Few minutes ago there was just 100x100 image :)

I'm not a fan of overprocessed images like this, sorry. Maybe someone else would like the result. Thanks for posting though.

That gradient looks more like an unbalance vignette... almost like there is something physically wrong with your camera. For your long-term learning experience, you should step away from the photoshop effects and focus on photography. For example, the sky is almost pure white, and the outlines of the buildings are getting lost in it. There's too much contrast for my taste.

Most reactions

Back