New Thread Suggestion

aussirose

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. Just thought I would put in a new thread suggestion. Could we possibly have a fun weekly photo manipulation competition. First poster posts a photo and then opens it up for us to manipulate that photo any way we want and upload our photo art. Then at the end of the week, the poster announces the winner and the winner gets to post a photo for manipulation and it starts all over again. That could be a fun weekly photo comp.
BTW, loving this forum. :)
Cheers, Ann. 🍷

Just post up an image and ask for 'opinions" on how to improve it. Like flys to sugar, you'll be bombarded. 😁 competitions not so much.

Mmmm, I was more thinking of crazy photo manipulation Smoke. Like changing a photo of a car in the street to the car being placed in a wild and moody storm photo. The ideas are endless.

Mmmm, I was more thinking of crazy photo manipulation Smoke. Like changing a photo of a car in the street to the car being placed in a wild and moody storm photo. The ideas are endless.
Wouldn't hurt to post something, state the purpose, and see what happens.

Others have done something like that where the OP asks people to "have at it." I recall two I participated in - one was a shot of a baby on someone's lap (I added a beer bottle in the baby's hand and cigar in his mouth) and another was the OP's classic muscle car (I placed "Bill the Cat" on the hood.)

Another thought is a relay - you start off with a photo, then the first one to post the changed image has to post a new photo, and so on.

I like your idea. Give it a go and start it off.

Hey Snow. Now that's a better idea, I reckon.

Not better, just different.

I like your idea. Give it a go and start it off.
Ok. If it'l OK, I will start a thread. Just off to lunch now. See you'all when I get back.
Cheers, Ann. 🍷

Ok. If it'l OK, I will start a thread. Just off to lunch now. See you'all when I get back.
Cheers, Ann. 🍷
Actually, it probably ought to be posted in Just For Fun.

Just for Fun would be a great place.

Mmmm... ok, I wouldn't want to take over the Just for Fun forum with a photo manipulation thread. That would be a bit rude I think.
Maybe there is not enough interest in another continuous thread so I won't rock the boat. :icon_rolleyes:
However looking forward to a renewed weekly photo challenge contest here. Hopefully we can get that up and running.
Cheers, Ann. 🍷

Sure! Please feel free to start any kind of challenge you'd like.

I agree that posting it in Just for Fun may not be the best forum. How about looking at the Photo Assignments or Challenges forum? It's a great place for any member-driven activity. You're free to start whatever you like. You could also look in Themes, just check to see if there's an existing thread with similar ideas.

Trying to think where else you might start. These two are good places to start. Go for it! Have fun!

Most reactions

Back