New to forum

KBayn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I have only a very amateur knowledge of photography but I am retired and now unfortunately on my own. I need something to fill my days and have determined that I will take up photography as my hobby and hence the reason for joining this forum.

I currently use my S7 mobile to take my photos but want to purchase an SLR camera. The choice is mind-boggling and would very much appreciate advice as to a good choice of camera.

Best regards Ken.

Welcome!

Please begin a new thread about your quest for a DSLR in either this:

Photography Beginners' Forum

Or this forum:

Photography Equipment & Products

When you do, please tell us more information, such as; your proposed budget, your tolerance for learning new technology, your experience level, any familiarity with jargon, current offerings, your tolerance for obtaining used gear, and any other information that will help us come up with some suggestions.

Again, welcome to the forum! Glad you're here!

Hi

I have only a very amateur knowledge of photography but I am retired and now unfortunately on my own. I need something to fill my days and have determined that I will take up photography as my hobby and hence the reason for joining this forum.

I currently use my S7 mobile to take my photos but want to purchase an SLR camera. The choice is mind-boggling and would very much appreciate advice as to a good choice of camera.

Best regards Ken.
Welcome to the Forum, Ken! I think you'll find this is a very nice group with the knowledge and willingness to help and make useful suggestions. When you get different answers, don't assume they are contradictory or that one is right and one is wrong. There are often many good answers to a given question.

Welcome aboard.

If you look at some of the large equipment dealers such as mpb, which advertises here on the Forum oh, I think you might be greatly surprised at just how inexpensively you could buy yourself DSLR which was at one time valued at $1599 up to $3,000. A couple of really good candidates in my opinion would be the Nikon D 7100, or the Canon 5D classic, or the Nikon D700.

Hello and welcome.

Good luck with choosing a new camera. You'll get some good suggestions in this forum. All the interchangeable lens cameras are good these days, so go for the one in your budget that feels best in your hands.

Also - are there any camera clubs who do 'photo walks' in your area? That can be fun.

Hi

Best regards Ken.

Most reactions

Back