New to me / Wardflex II and Leica IIIc macro set (thoughts/history?)

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snapshots of a Wardflex II cam I'm going to clean up and use. This is how I got it, the orangish dust on the body and lenses is from the inside of leather case. I can't believe the nice condition of the camera and the case.

There were three Wardflex models. Two were metal and the other was plastic. The plastic Wardflex was
made by Argus and is a rebadged Argoflex E. The Wardflex II was the top of the line.

SWP_1274.jpg

SWP_1280.jpg

Leica Macro tube kit. I dunno anything about it but a guy that does told me to jump all over this deal and I picked it up for pennies. The decals on the front of the tubes are the original cam shop stickers, there is one on the bottom of the box as well.

SWP_1284.jpg

SWP_1294.jpg

Cool beans!!! The Wardflex "looks" to be in quite decent condition!!! It's not all "that" old...it's clearly post WW II....probably late 1950's I'd guess, just going by the coated lenses and the three-position flash synch selector: X synch, Focal plane flashbulb synch, and M-type flashbulb synch...

A little web search turns up this page, which says this was made for Montogomery Wards to sell in the USA, and is likely an upgraded Beautyflex, made by the parent company, Taiyado Koki,Ltd.

Taiyodo

I bet it's still a decent shooter!!!

Cool beans!!! The Wardflex "looks" to be in quite decent condition!!! It's not all "that" old...it's clearly post WW II....probably late 1950's I'd guess, just going by the coated lenses and the three-position flash synch selector: X synch, Focal plane flashbulb synch, and M-type flashbulb synch...

A little web search turns up this page, which says this was made for Montogomery Wards to sell in the USA, and is likely an upgraded Beautyflex, made by the parent company, Taiyado Koki,Ltd.

Taiyodo

I bet it's still a decent shooter!!!

Thanks for the link, and we'll know soon if it shoots decent (up to hipster standards at least!)

I just ordered 5 rolls of B&W 120 film from BHPHOTO. If this thing doesn't work well, no love lost I'll add it to the collection and move on....just like that 620 Brownie a family member gave me....one roll and move the %$#$ on hehehehe

If it works well I'll slam wear it out though, unlike the buyer in 1957 did =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back