New to photo editing. need advice!

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. Im new to photoshop and editing in general.
I took a trip up to Sedona Arizona on a cool windy day today in hopes for a great sunset. when i got there everything was in shadow. It took about an hour or so to get the chance of any sun hitting my subjects. Im sure there were people laughing at me in the parking lot as i take off sprinting at first sight of sun :) Some were worth the wait i think. I shot in raw and they came out very bland. Even for a raw format. So im sure i over processed but i have only used Lightroom once. I watched a couple videos on ideas.
Looking for tips and C&C from ya'll. none are cropped.
Oh yeah i use my LCD T.V for my computer. Calibration is way off im sure. I think they might be a little dark because of that ... but im not sure!
Im new to landscape type shots as well. I have done macro in the past so all of my investments have gone into that, not landscape.
All shot with my old box lens. EF-18-55 Canon. My only wide angle. I'm hoping to get back into it enough to buy 1-2 prime glass.
Let me know what you think, photo or editing. Thank you in advance!

IMG_2972 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

OakCreek3 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Sedona by Stormchase73, on Flickr

OakCreek2 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Oak creek1 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Last edited:
Too bad these look like winter shots with not much foliage. They are splendid photos though.

Yeah it was 90% gone. I was hoping for a little at least. Something to work with. Its stunning in the fall tho.
Thanks
This might help a little too. This is basicly what i started with. Thank god for RAW I tell ya!
IMG_3018 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

IMG_2973 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back