New to the Forum - Hello from Fort Lauderdale, Fl

lix4six

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All,

Thanks for letting me join the forum and by the looks of it I am seeing there are a lot of members who are willing to help and assist noobs like me.

I took up photography about 4 years ago and mainly capture local sports. Soccer, basketball, cricket and softball.
Even though I shoot at the local parks as a volunteer, I would like to know what would the next step up be and how I would I go about doing that?

I eagerly look forward in in your replies and gaining knowledge from you all.

Thanks,

Where are you at now (equipment, knowledge, intent, skills, etc.) ??

Welcomen.

Where are you at now (equipment, knowledge, intent, skills, etc.) ??

Welcomen.

Equipment:
Canon 1D MK4
Canon 5D MK4
Canon 77D
Sigma 150-600mm 5.6
Canon 24-70mm 2.8
Canon 70-200mm 2.8
Canon 100-400mm 4.5

The past few years have been off and on capturing sporting events locally,sunday morning soccer, birthdays, and other celebrations but now want to step up to HS or College sports.

I was wondering how that would be possible. Is it a matter of just contacting the AD and seeing if they need someone capturing their games?

The equipment sounds pretty solid.

The means to go about contacting folks is best answered by a pro on the forum who deals directly with that concept.

The biggest aspect to consider is the overall intent of what you want to do and if you are approaching it as a one off type or as a professional photographer dealing through a contract.

The means to go about contacting folks is best answered by a pro on the forum who deals directly with that concept.

The biggest aspect to consider is the overall intent of what you want to do and if you are approaching it as a one off type or as a professional photographer dealing through a contract.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The idea is to take up sports photography on a professional level but as we all know, it is usually the start up where the grey areas are which holds some back.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The idea is to take up sports photography on a professional level but as we all know, it is usually the start up where the grey areas are which holds some back.

Sent from my iPad using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I’m very new here (obviously) but wanted to say hello from Palm Bay Florida.

Hi welcome. Just a hobbyist photographer so no real advice from me. Just if it involves kid just make sure you have got all the paperwork and consent form sorted. Wish you the very best and hope it works for you.

Welcome. I grew up & lived in Miami up until about a year ago. South FL will always be special to me.

Most reactions

Back