New to TPF, here's a few pics

TNFlyBoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
I'm kind of new to photography, i've been shooting with my Nikon D40 for about a year now, and I'd love some input about a few of my pics. Sorry if these are too large, i wasn't really sure what size to post so if they are too large i'll post smaller ones next time

2619730092_7e5896015d_b.jpg

2608616857_df20bb4f9a_b.jpg

585765836_64d1f59cb3_b.jpg

548391659_a06e359a81_b.jpg

666440433_8262a9307b_b.jpg

534349187_7231979efa_b.jpg

I love number six!! So crist and clear for a night shot. Number 2 made me feel refreshed and cool.
Nice catchlights in the dogs eye, not sure about looking up his nose though :)

thanks for the comments all, number 6 is one of my favs too, AND a knoxville newspaper found it and bought it for use on their website... they've since taken it down for something else, but it WAS up there for a while :)

Number 5 is really nice, and 6 as well, and must not be too bad for the newspaper to use it! Personally, number 2 makes me a little dizzy, but far be ir for me to say what would change that. I like the composition of 3, but it is a little too busy for my taste. Not sure what settings you used to shoot it, but maybe a smaller depth of field focused on the near plane, with the ones in the background a little blurry (but still obviously other planes). Otherwise, I'm not sure which one to look at.

Hope to get some shots that good myself some day!

1 and 5 are my favorites. Nice pictures!

hello and welcome from another newbie i love your shots ;) i still havent taken any photos with mine yet

Hi, and welcome to The Photo Forum! Those are some really great photographs, I especially like number 6; it has everything a night photo should have. Buildings, lights, "diffuse" effect, foliage, it's all there!

However, I find that on my monitor I can't quite view a single photo entirely. 1024 pixels wide is a bit much for me :(.

#'s 1, 5 and 6 :D

Numbers 5 &6 are absolutely
Beu-ti-ful
I'm a beginner as well.
Hopefully get everything..
Hahaha
peace!~

I like 3 and 5. Were a few of them taken in DC?

I like 3 and 5. Were a few of them taken in DC?

yes 3, 4, and 5 were taken in DC. 6 was taken in knoxville, tn. 2 is in tampa, florida. and 1 was at my house in murfreesboro :)

thanks again for everyone's comments and i'll try to keep the width a bit smaller so they fit in the screen next time!

Most reactions

Back