New tool (toy) for me to play with.

Nice, new glass is always good, even if it is Canon! :p

Well John, honestly I'd look at the Nikon glass but there is just something about it that won't work with my Canon body.

I've been down that road at one time but decided that a change is not for me. (Never say never but I'll stay on this side for now.)

Come to the Dark Side!
sw017.gif

Sorry Sparky, not in the plans for now. Maybe if I ever win the lottery, I can gear up with a set for both. lol

Sorry Sparky, not in the plans for now. Maybe if I ever win the lottery, I can gear up with a set for both. lol

Maybe you just need to be reminded of the tremendous opportunities that abound for Nikon users in terms of 'old' glass. I.E., Canon users are quite limited in their choices when it comes to older Canon glass. Us Nikoners have the luxury of being able to twist on 'pert much anything made since the F-mount was born in 1959.

Last edited:
Nikon makes a converter kit for this, it includes:
1 - flange converter - so all Nikon lens will fit on the camera body

Given the flange distances I'm sure you can get an adapter to use Nikon lenses on an EOS. Though it will be manual only the reverse of using EOS lenses on a Nikon DSLR is not practical.

Your option does IMO give slightly improved ergonomics, but you might as well go for a Pentax & get a real improvement there! :345:

Congrats, I use one myself. Hopefully someday I will actually have the skills to use it properly:(

Actually playing with it today I found sharpness improved greatly from f3.5 and up. YMMV, of course.

Congrats Ron!
I have the same lens but, Nikon and it remains on my camera the majority of the time. I imagine you'll enjoy it.

Most reactions

Back