New toy, cant wait to break it in properly...

tibrunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.masoner.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked this beauty up on Thursday, the weather has been über sh!t and I have yet to break it in properly. I am thinking tomorrow after school if there is any bit of sun.

Any suggestions or insight from experienced owners?

Carl Zeiss 16-80mm

$image-676553358.jpg

Slightly envious !!!!

Congrats !

There are one heck of a lot of adjustments and modes on the A77V for you to explore and try out. The in-camera panorama is probably the trickiest. Sweep needs to be smooth, even, and not too fast or too slow. Focal length outside needs to be close to 50mm to avoid lens distortion resulting in curved beaches in the foreground or distorted horizons. HDR without the over-cooked look is also a plus.

There are one heck of a lot of adjustments and modes on the A77V for you to explore and try out. The in-camera panorama is probably the trickiest. Sweep needs to be smooth, even, and not too fast or too slow. Focal length outside needs to be close to 50mm to avoid lens distortion resulting in curved beaches in the foreground or distorted horizons. HDR without the over-cooked look is also a plus.

You mean like these?

$image-131618196.jpg

$image-470211452.jpg

Yes, I have been using this specific camera for a bit over a year- the "new toy" was the Zeiss lens.

Congrats. Personally I would have held out for the 24-70 but only cause I really dislike variable aperture lenses. But the only advice I would give you is that with Zeiss lenses you have to be careful not to oversharpen in post. The lenses are EXTREMELY sharp, you see, and adding sharpening can make smooth lines start to turn out jagged. As for the BS trick mode, eh, I just bracket my own since it will always come out better.

One of these days I want to break down and get me a couple of the Zeiss prime lenses. The 85 and 135 have been calling to me.

Congrats on that wonderful toy!

Nice, I just got a new (to me) lens also though not a Zeiss. What did were you using before this ?

Most reactions

Back