Newb Photos on my D80

PuppY_K1ck3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I just recently picked up my Nikon D80 last week and these are some photos I've taken with my new camera. I'm very happy to be here. I'm brand new to photography and hopefully I can learn alot from u guys. Please let me know your honest opinions on my photos. Thx

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Very nice work! They look great! :)

Thx I appreciate the input. Im not so great with action shots. And indoor shots. This summer, Im going to comicon in San Diego and I was wondering if a Nikon SB600 would do the job. Even more important, would the aperature priority suffice for indoor shooting.

Some really nice shots! I like the portrait-style paintball one the most :).

Also, as for your question, an SB-600 would do the job very well. I've just got one and it really gives you more creative reign over flash photography. Try and bounce the flash off a wall or ceiling, but if that won't work, they will still come out better than the on-camera flash will do. The SB-600 is also MUCH more powerful.

And yes, aperture priority would be fine for indoor shots. Basically put it at the maximum aperture (lowest F number) and keep it there. Good luck!

Some really nice shots! I like the portrait-style paintball one the most :).

Also, as for your question, an SB-600 would do the job very well. I've just got one and it really gives you more creative reign over flash photography. Try and bounce the flash off a wall or ceiling, but if that won't work, they will still come out better than the on-camera flash will do. The SB-600 is also MUCH more powerful.

And yes, aperture priority would be fine for indoor shots. Basically put it at the maximum aperture (lowest F number) and keep it there. Good luck!

Thx Tamiya!!! I was hoping it was that simple. As for the paintball pic, I took 3 shots on my back just to get that pic.:lmao: well worth it tho.

Thx Tamiya!!! I was hoping it was that simple.
No problem! Yep, it can be simple but, of course, can be very complex if you want to get that "perfect" photo. :)

As for the paintball pic, I took 3 shots on my back just to get that pic.:lmao: well worth it tho.
Lol, wow. All in a day's work, eh?:D

good to see a fellow photographer whose not afraid to take his camera on the paintball field... took mine out 2 weeks ago when my team was practicing... scared a guy and he shot me right in the side of the lens... pay back is a ***** though... i turned my gun on full auto, and painted him from top to bottom from 8 feet away..

I can't imagine what you would need a speedlight for when taking pictures at Comicon unless you are going to be doing "pro" shots or staged pictures. If you're just taking in the sights - the lighting at ComiCon should be fine.

Most reactions

Back