NEWBIE 3/3

MiKaLa119

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I tried making this completely black and white, but didnt really like it too much. I didnt really like it completely colored so i tried to desaturate it a little bit....I shot this around noon time, but i should try earlier morning right? are the shadows too off?
oldtruck.jpg

i hide my camera where i am not tempted to touch it between 10:30 and 4 pm. noon sun is just way to harsh i always find and in the evening you get the sun comming through more atomsphere at a sharper angle which sorta acts like a prism and seperates the colors and gives them a richer tone. (at least thats how i understand it)

also because there arent really any shadows this pictures looks very flat.

You have a great subject. The shot is a what I call "approach" meaning that it seems like the first shot you took of the subject. It is good, but the details of the truck should be explored. I would plan on filling your card or shooting 1 or 2 rolls of film on this.

The light is rough. Midday light is strong and not directional. As the sunsets or rises the light is a little softer. Most importantly it is directional providing texture.

What Craig said; I shot a similar truck (albeit abandoned in a field) and walked away with about 150 frames. Definitely go for early am/late pm and maybe try a polarizer too. Just a thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back