newbie.

space

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi everyone, been looking round this forum for a while so figured id register.
I wanted some advice.. I'm new to photography and wanted to know if i should shell out money for an SLR straight away? then learn as i go along?

Also ive heard good things about the Canon 350d, nikon d50 and d70... oppinions?
Any help would be great :mrgreen:

Digital is out of my area of expertise. I can, however, say that you're on the market just in time to catch a sweet deal on the newly discontinued Canon 20D. From what i've heard, it's a wonderful camera, and the prices are low/dropping with the introduction of the 30D.

yeah i was reading that on here earlier. at the moment as a beginner i dont think i can justify spending like £700 on a camera i might get bored of after a week :(

If you are new to photography, i recomened going out a dn buying an old used SLR like the Canon AE-1. In my opinion a GREAT first camera. It is shutter speed priority so you only have to deal with one setting, the shutter speed. You can also go fully manual if you want

I say go with this becasue you can get the whole setup, body, lens, and film, for about 150$ CND. Now if you want to go straight to digital, then you should buy a point and shoot. Don't bother buying an expnsive DSLR yet, you may not like it. Start cheap and work your way up, if you like it alot and move up fast, well then at least you have a good back up camera.

Most reactions

Back