What's new

Night photos.. opinions please.

Tacotino

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
zy3yqy2a.jpg
erebebav.jpg


Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Something I've always wanted to do, but never have.


I like this. I like how the mountains or hills create a nice silhouette.
 
These show the stars plainly, the mountains are silhouetted by the city lights beyond. I think they're not bad. Are the two trails planes of meteors?
 
Wow, I really like these shots. What camera/lens did you use?
 
These show the stars plainly, the mountains are silhouetted by the city lights beyond. I think they're not bad. Are the two trails planes of meteors?

Shooting stars, so yea meteors :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Wow, I really like these shots. What camera/lens did you use?

Tamron 17-50mm, Canon 60d. shot at 17mm 30 sec 1600 Iso

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Something I've always wanted to do, but never have.


I like this. I like how the mountains or hills create a nice silhouette.

Honestly.. it so worth it.. just go!! I've been wanting to do it for years.. and finally!! Boom. So worth it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Something I've always wanted to do, but never have.


I like this. I like how the mountains or hills create a nice silhouette.

Honestly.. it so worth it.. just go!! I've been wanting to do it for years.. and finally!! Boom. So worth it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Same here. I've had my camera for awhile and only did day stuff. I went out tonight (or yesterday now) for the first time and was inspired! The lights and reflections are awesome. Car trails are sweet too!
 
It's a good start. Your stars look a little soft in both photos
 
I was told to shoot wide open on the aperture and the lowest iso possible. That may help you get more definition in the stars but the trade off is that if you expose longer than 30 sec. you start to get star trails. It's a fine balance and I usually take multiple shots stepping up and down the iso and adjusting shutter to see what works. What was your aperture setting?

Shooting at night is tough but really fun.
 
I was told to shoot wide open on the aperture and the lowest iso possible. That may help you get more definition in the stars but the trade off is that if you expose longer than 30 sec. you start to get star trails. It's a fine balance and I usually take multiple shots stepping up and down the iso and adjusting shutter to see what works. What was your aperture setting?

Shooting at night is tough but really fun.

Its extremely fun!! Well I heard that too, about shooting wide open. I was experimenting, I read to get the milky way(which I was going for) You need to shoot at 1600+ Iso, almost 6400.. my aperture was at 5.6 but I should have shot at 2.8 and lesser shutter time.. like 15 secs.. I just found out the night after the rule Off 600
600/ Your shoot length = you longest shutter time without trials.



Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
Yes you're right high iso for star and milky way shots I am new to photography and get my facts mixed up still. Low iso for night city shots with bright lights. Check out this thread and he posts his setting for his milky way shot and you maybe able to ask questions if you have any. There is a cool app too called Starmap and it works off your phones GPS and you can find where you can shoot to get the effect you want. North star you get circular star trails ect.

Actually the guy posted above me jscordphoto is who posted the thread below.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...d-stars-new-camera-set-up-milky-way-shot.html
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom