What's new

Night Shot for C&C

Syco

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rough editing of WWI monument overlooking cathedral tower in my little town. This uploaded image is a little flatter than the working copy, and it's shifted a little green. Constructive comments welcome.

MonumentandCathedral.jpg

[Nikon 5000; 24mm; f/11; ISO 200; -2,0,+2 exposure fused with Photomatix; post-processed in Photoshop Elements (orientation, crop, curves, levels, etc).]
 
Last edited:
I liked this image very much; i attribute 50% or more of its beauty to the overhanging branches of tree seen on the top right side

Regards :D
 
doesn't work for me. Too many subjects in the frame detract from each other. Lighting on the bronze itself is poor. Perhaps a change of viewing angle (move left a bit), closer crop of the statue with the building behind?
 
I'm with trever on this one, there is too much going on.

I like the idea of using the branches to frame the church, but the inclusion of the statue with the mess of branches behind it is not pleasing to the eye.

You could switch angles, get in closer and try and minimize the extra stuff in the image. Is your subject the statue, the tree, the building, the lines, the framing of the building...? Whatever you want as the subject, make sure it is clear and low on clutter.
 
Thanks. I can't really disagree with any of the comments. (Actually, the green cast the image picked up from uploading is starting to creep me out.) I can't do much with the position of the elements, because that was all driven by a space in the trees thru which I could position the tower. The statue was going to be stuck in the trees somewhere, so I just tried to get it in a curve of the branches. I'll probably crop it a little tighter on the left and bottom, and maybe take out the car in the lower left. I don't know if I can do anything with the statue or not. It was very poorly lit to begin with.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom