night shots of downtown OKLAHOMA (bricktown) first time out just to take photos!

logan_tefteller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i just got into photography, and this is really the first time i have went out just to take photos, i just got a new nikon d3100 about 3 weeks ago. anyways i was out last night with the camera in bricktown and took a few shots! LMK whats ya think about them!

033-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

028-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

025-2.jpg

024-3.jpg

023-4.jpg

020-3.jpg

015-5.jpg

013-6.jpg

012-5.jpg

011-7.jpg

007-7.jpg

006-8.jpg

Wow. For the first time out, you did dern good!

The tipped-camera stuff is a little to 'artsy-craftsy' for me, though

Please number your photos :) It helps everyone, including yourself. I really like the long exposure stuff though I can't figure out how the headlights are leading the cars?

........... I really like the long exposure stuff though I can't figure out how the headlights are leading the cars?

The exposure was 15 seconds.

Lens opens while they're stopped at light.... light changes to green and they move forward. They stayed still long enough to register on the image, but are moving enough not to show up then.

The opposite happens to the yellow car.... it came to a stop.

That's why the stop light shows a brighter green than the red.... the green was on longer during the exposure.

I really like the third one in the series. Very nice viewpoint and give a feel of the life in the city.

........... I really like the long exposure stuff though I can't figure out how the headlights are leading the cars?

The exposure was 15 seconds.

Lens opens while they're stopped at light.... light changes to green and they move forward. They stayed still long enough to register on the image, but are moving enough not to show up then.

The opposite happens to the yellow car.... it came to a stop.

That's why the stop light shows a brighter green than the red.... the green was on longer during the exposure.

Thanks for explaining that. It's interesting.

thanks for all the input guy!!!

im really liking this photography stuff.

I posted these on facebook and some other web sites, and i have already had about 5 prople contact me about taking pics for them! from cars, to pics of there business for business cards, to just pics of them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back