the good
- I like the idea and your spot to shoot from is a pretty good angle.
- I like having the building in the back ; adds a finish touch to the right side.
Overall good concept / location and great potential for some amazing shots. Keep going back here, I'd like to see more![]()
the bad
- White balance looks like auto or daylight. Shoot tungsten next time, brings out the true colours of streetlight / tail lights.
- Interested to know your aperature and exposure time. I see some flaring and the building light is completely blown out. This tells me 'aperature too open'.
- Noise. Not a whole lot, but it's there. Again I'm guessing just too short of exposure time. 200 ISO is good for night time - in the city - shooting. Make your exposure with your shutter time not your aperature : ie, start @ F/16 and go @ least 10-15 seconds shutter speed.
Need more light? Not enough car lights? F/22 - F/29 @ 20 - 30 seconds.
Overall just some small ( really ) tweaks to make a simple shot like this really stand out. I'd really like to see this shot again, j-dogg.
Hope these comments help you in some way : keep shooting
I think my f-stop was 5.6 and my ISO 100
I think I share your opinion about shooters egos, unfortunately I've met the ones that they only talk "bad" about someone else's pictures and the pictures they take are 9th. world's wonder (in their heads, of course).Valencia, I've always thought there are so many shooters out there that have egos the size of some of their lenses and just refuse to share any secrets. At the same time, I've been on sites where just horrible shots are told they are good, offer some helpful hints and get blasted for it.
I would always appreciate someone telling me the honest truth about my shots. I always try to pass that on, in hopes that photographer will do the same. We all have our own style and taking the time to show someone how to do something so it looks a little better isn't hurting anyone.
You don't have to show them your way... just show them how to do it. It doesn't hurt my ego at all to share tips and tricks I've learned. If it spares someone the headache and just giving up it's a good thing...
Not saying I'm some big time pro or anything... but sometimes I wish had someone there who said " hey, try this and see what happens"![]()