What's new

Nighttime in Cartwright

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p640808273-4.jpg
 
Nice and sad. I'd brighten the building a little.
 
I like the composition and texture.
Good shot.

For a critique, I'd say about 1/4-1/2 stop increase to bring up the shadowed detail and overall brightness. It's a tad dark on my monitor.
 
For a critique, I'd say about 1/4-1/2 stop increase to bring up the shadowed detail and overall brightness. It's a tad dark on my monitor.
Thank you for the critique, Brent. Much like I implied above, I meant this image to be dark. Unfortunately, the white background of this forum makes the image seem even darker than it really is. If you're using Firefox, clicking this link should show the image on black: http://federicobuchbinder.com/img/s3/v41/p640808273-4.jpg. (That being said, processing dark and showing online isa slippery slope – different monitors will show the image differently and some – like yours and Mike's – would show it just too dark.)
 
It's too small and too difficult to see well on my monitor. I wish a larger version was available. I like the composition and the mood.
 
Nice image, and the brightness seems just right to me. I might try cropping the trunks on the left that lean away from the house (hmm... feeling of deja vu that I suggested that on another of yours), removing the lines leading away from the house and also leaving only a single bare tree to accompany the broken-down house.
 
It's too small and too difficult to see well on my monitor. I wish a larger version was available.
It's 800px on the longer side, like the vast majority of the photos here :)

I might try cropping the trunks on the left that lean away from the house (hmm... feeling of deja vu that I suggested that on another of yours)...
Always a tough decision, chopping off trees. Something to think about – thanks for the feedback, Ken.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom