Nikkon D90

it's compatible with more lenses.
Can you explain this, I thought they were both DX

The D7000 is compatible with non-cpu lenses, for example: all the older manual focus nikkor ais lenses.

You can use these lenses on a d90, but you won't have any metering information.

Why does this matter? Because nikon's manual focus prime lenses from the past are just as good optically as their current lenses, and better built, while costing about 25-50% as much as a modern version.

SO you got the D-90/kit for Christmas, because you wanna get serious about photography. You think it's inferior because you think its been replaced with the D-7000 and may be discontinued. So you take the gift back, throw in a few hundred, upgrade to something you think is better and will be around a while. The D-7000, though it may be in some respects but does not mean you will get any better images than the D-90. If I was going to do that, I would consider the D-700, a full frame serious camera. And I would also seriously consider much better lenses than what you are getting with the D-7000. Of course we are talking about some serious money here too. Lenses that that would cost more than the D-7000. Then you could really get serious! And never look back!

Honestly if you're just getting started, what you have is more than plenty. The weakest point of it would be the 18-55 lens, but that's still a very capable lens.

Most reactions

Back